Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Albion U21 this season

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
Didn't find a thread... I like you @AZ Gull but that is some 0/10 stuff.

Wondering if there's any rumours on kiddos coming into the yoof squad?

Unless I'm wrong, Brighton has only used three of the six yearly allowed foreign U21 signings (Osman, Gruda, Yalcouye) and there's 0% chance that the entire quota isn't getting used (though a signing or two might be saved for January).

Probably the annual Irish or Australian kid will be coming... @JollyRedGiant got any clues?

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ

Unless I'm wrong, Brighton has only used three of the six yearly allowed foreign U21 signings (Osman, Gruda, Yalcouye) and there's 0% chance that the entire quota isn't getting used (though a signing or two might be saved for January).

That's the first I've ever heard of such a thing. Having just done a quick google search, every link seems to relate to Football Manager (or whatever those games are called - I've never played any of them). Have you just created that rule out of your imagination?

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
That's the first I've ever heard of such a thing. Having just done a quick google search, every link seems to relate to Football Manager (or whatever those games are called - I've never played any of them). Have you just created that rule out of your imagination?
FM takes rules from the reality. If its in the game, its in the game. Sounds naive but thats how its always been up to now at least...

Think it was introduced at the same time it was made easier to get work permits for youth players from South America etc. = not that long ago.

AZ Gull

Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
FM takes rules from the reality. If its in the game, its in the game. Sounds naive but thats how its always been up to now at least...

Think it was introduced at the same time it was made easier to get work permits for youth players from South America etc. = not that long ago.
Just done another search and found it - Joint FA, PL and EFL statement on Access To Talent

Every day's a school day.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Oh well - I thought it was a good answer until I kept reading the next posts!

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
I sent this thread to UEFA and it will be used. No PL sides can sign 7 foreign U21s in a year. Including during the January window.

Was I wrong to do that?

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003
Didn't find a thread... I like you @AZ Gull but that is some 0/10 stuff.

Probably the annual Irish or Australian kid will be coming... @JollyRedGiant got any clues?
Diego Gomez would still count as an U21 for this season (cut off is players born on or after Jan 1st 2003 and Gomez was born 27th March 2003) so we need to save one of the places for him assuming the deal is done for January.

AZ Gull

Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ

Assuming there haven't been any unpublicised signings that only become apparent when the PL Squad List is published......

The Albion haven't added a single external signing to the U-21 group this summer - the only additions are the graduating scholars (such as Charlie Tasker and Harry Mills) and the phenom new 1st-years in the forms of Harry Howell and Freddie Simmonds.

Without checking, it must be a few years since we last didn't sign anybody to bolster the U-21 group.

Hiheidi

Dec 27, 2022
Assuming there haven't been any unpublicised signings that only become apparent when the PL Squad List is published......

The Albion haven't added a single external signing to the U-21 group this summer - the only additions are the graduating scholars (such as Charlie Tasker and Harry Mills) and the phenom new 1st-years in the forms of Harry Howell and Freddie Simmonds.

Without checking, it must be a few years since we last didn't sign anybody to bolster the U-21 group.

Mazilu?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here