Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion Rating of Satisfaction (ARS)

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I had a thought over the Summer to come up with a process for measuring the satisfaction of the Albion fanbase (well, those that visit NSC anyway) with the club.

Periodically, probably weekly, people would be asked to score the club on various areas. Different areas would have different weightings and, when people 'vote' an aggregate satisfaction score can be produced. Tracked over time, it could be an interesting way of measuring how we collectively feel about the club that is so important to us all.

Unfortunately, I'm incredibly lazy and the thought went nowhere, until I remembered it today. So, rather than doing the hard bit myself, I thought I'd throw it out there. What factors do YOU think should be included in an Albion Rating of Satisfaction, and what weightings should be attached to each of them?

Examples, might be...

Manager's performance
Board performance
Club communications
Home game experience
League position

Also, do you think this is worth pursuing or is if just a fanciful waste of time?

Last edited:

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Did I get the right pie?

No, sorry for being flippant... what would you envisage doing with this information once gathered?

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
Like it myself. Would include team performance as well as leagueposition. Maybe split into up front, midfield and defence. Maybe an Ashley Barnes satisfaction too!

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
There is only ONE ARS

[MENTION=1416]Ernest[/MENTION]s ARS

Expect to HEAR from his LAWYERS :angry:

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
Oh and think you should call it Albion Rating of Satisfaction and Enjoyment. Completes the acronym.

wardy wonder land

Dec 10, 2007
Like it myself. Would include team performance as well as leagueposition. Maybe split into up front, midfield and defence. Maybe an Ashley Barnes satisfaction too!

just read that as " Ashley Barnes satisfaction tool " how would that work / where would you place it / battery or mains powered ?

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
Like it as a simple idea of getting a view from a reasonable sample of, I assume, fairly dedicated fans. Might be trickier to see how newer fans or ones who come for a day out etc... are finding things (presumably there's less of these on NSC) but there's a reasonable sample of core support here I'd think.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Top and bottom scores can be disregarded to try and avoid the results being skewed by the bi-polar sorts.

nail-Z

Jul 10, 2003
North Somerset
If there are too many people like me it will never work. I despise completing satisfaction surveys, and I'm bored with this idea already.

Who's going to do the work Bozza? You ? :lolol:

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
If there are too many people like me it will never work. I despise completing satisfaction surveys, and I'm bored with this idea already.

Who's going to do the work Bozza? You ? :lolol:

Hitony. Probably :)

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Is weekly not a tad overkill? Admittedly it would generate better microsamples of trends but ultimately would possibly lead more quickly to apathy on the part of NSC. Maybe monthly? i.e. A rating for each month perhaps?

A couple of suggestions for additions:

- Transfer Success (judging the success of new squad additions over the start of the season - so you would judge, say Bruno, Bridge, Kuszczak, Dobbie etc each month as a collective until January, when you would switch to judge the success of January incomings);
- Value for Money - VERY subjective this one, but would cover off everything (programme/pie/ticket price)

I think its a fascinating idea which (if maintained) could provide an interesting overview of opinion, although it would also interesting (and possibly sobering) to include a number of respondents vs. STHs just to give an idea of relative sample size in comparison to the overall fanbase...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here