Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion Player of 2011

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
We've got this running in the Albion Roar thread, but let's put some meat on this seeing as that's a largely ignored thread.

Who is your Albion Player of the (calendar) Year 2011? Who is the player who has shown consistency from January to December? Or perhaps you feel that someone has done well enough in merely a half year's worth of playing for the Albion.

Top three, please. I'm going for year-long stalwarts...

1. Greer (hand of apology notwithstanding)
2. Bridcutt
3. Noone

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
We've got this running in the Albion Roar thread, but let's put some meat on this seeing as that's a largely ignored thread.

Who is your Albion Player of the (calendar) Year 2011? Who is the player who has shown consistency from January to December? Or perhaps you feel that someone has done well enough in merely a half year's worth of playing for the Albion.

Top three, please. I'm going for year-long stalwarts...

1. Greer (hand of apology notwithstanding)
2. Bridcutt
3. Noone

You can argue the toss over the order, but I'd say you've nailed the three, there. Pretty much by process of elimination;

Ruling out anyone that either signed this season (CMS, Buckley) or left in the summer (Bennett, Murray)

El Abd, Dicker, Elphick, KLL, Navarro - all missed a significant chunk of the year.

Ankergren, Sparrow, Painter - decent enough.

Calderon - terrific last season, work to do this year.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
I was merely throwing open the concept that some people may feel that half a year's work is enough to warrant a Player of the Year nomination.

I don't agree myself, but am happy to be turned on that by seeing what others think.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
1. Greer. Thought he was GOOD in league 1, but he's been awesome in the championship.
2. Bridcutt. Was superb last season and is playing fantastically this season. Greer beats him by a nose.
Can't really decide on 3rd. The rest have been injured or are too new . I would say, judging by his Burnley performance, had El-Abd of not been injured he'd be my number 1, I sometimes struggle to remember how poor he was.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Greer by a nose over Bridcutt for me. Both have been magnificent. Greer had his best game for us against Burnley - he's getting better and better. One of the best buys in many a year.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Bridcutt/Greer/CMS but my dark horse is Buckley ... if he can get a run then I got a feeling he could be awesome

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Greer by a nose over Bridcutt for me. Both have been magnificent. Greer had his best game for us against Burnley - he's getting better and better. One of the best buys in many a year.

Pretty much this.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Bridcutt for me.
Greer a close second place - he has been amazing in bringing Dunk through (and guiding Cook through the Liverpool match).
In third I would have a tie between Bennett and M****y, who were both instrumental in winning league one.

El Abd would be there, but for his injury. Ankergren is close too, in spite of his recent wobbles.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
1) Liam Bridcutt
2) Gordon Greer
3) Elliott Bennett

Was Bennett THAT good in 2011? He went off the boil somewhat after the transfer saga in January.

In truth, the player whose performances this calendar year, make him individually most repsonsible for our current league standing is probably Glenn Murray.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
CMS by a country mile + 100 !!! The man never gives up and is a work horse. Plus he goes round on his own and claps the fans every match home and away !!! ABSOLUTE STAR !!!!

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
Greer/Bridcutt

Cant decided between them. Two of the best purchases made by this club. Both awesome during our League 1 campaign and both have stepped up magnificently this season. Unsung heroes in my book.

IMO GG would also win the "which albion player looks most like a member of take that"

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here