Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion pen pictures for the local radio in Blackpool

fisons

Feb 21, 2005
I'm going out on the smash in Blackpool next friday with the blokey who does the local radio commentary and he's asked me for some pen pictures of the likely brighton xi.

I thought the forum might like to contribute.

PS yes I will be checking the beach to see if Alan Pardew is still there.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Michel Kuipers - 'Former Dutch Marine (Chef)' - The second coming according to some.

Adam E-Abd - 'The Bomber' - Described as the white Makalele by our very own Les Biehn. Brutal in the challenge. Aims for the knees, but tends to get the ball much of the time.

Guy Butters - 'Tank' - Solid in the air and composed on in the tackle. Get to the ground early if you want a burger.

Joel Lynch - 'Denzel' - Classy. Likes to push forward with the ball at his feet. Head in the clouds sometimes, but touch of class at other times.

Kerry Mayo - 'The Ginger Prince' - Comes in for so much stick from the fans, but possibly the only player to play for one club at FOUR different home grounds. Five? Don't rule him out!

Dean Cox - 'Tiny Cox' - Looks like he got lost on the way to the playground. Inventive, cocky and can put in a dazzling display.

Dean Hammond - 'Captain Marvel' - Legend!

Alexis Bertin - '?' - Great start. Cool, composed, oozes class. Typical Frenchman.

Nick Ward - '?' - Long haired Aussie, on loan from QPR. Skilful, can make a pass too many, but threatening up front.

Bas Savage - 'Super Bas' - Gangly, ungainly, gets the job done and makes life difficult for the defence. Cult hero in the making. Watch out for the moowalk.

Alex Revell - 'Revs' - £8k bargain! Determined. Good shot on him and never gives up.

Jake Robinson - 'Jakey' - Former South Coast Rooney hit some form early one, but is lcking in confidence. Possibly the most gifted of our players, along with Cox and others...

bigc

Jul 5, 2003
in the LDV Vans?

Jeez man...write pub quiz's with knowledge like that!

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
bigc said:
in the LDV Vans?

Jeez man...write pub quiz's with knowledge like that!

:clap:

Alas, I can't take credit for it. It was taken from the Programme a couple of games ago. I am never sure whether to letch over Gully's Girls, so read it from cover to cover.:cool:

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
OGH - Cost £1000 and a set of tracksuits from a non-league team (they were robbed), a superb utility player who doesn't know the meaning of giving 110%, he is always found around the 150% mark, has played in almost every outfield position.

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Barrel of Fun said:
Dean Hammond - 'Captain Marvel' - Legend!

What?

Since when has Hammond become a legend?

There is 1 albion player who we can call a legend...Peter Ward.

No-one else comes close

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Dave the Gaffer said:
What?

Since when has Hammond become a legend?

There is 1 albion player who we can call a legend...Peter Ward.

No-one else comes close

:glare:

Some of us were not lucky enough to see Peter Ward play.

Not a legend in the traditional sense. But a local boy who works his socks off for us and has come back from a couple of poor seasons, to lead the team with pride. In my opinion he is a bit of a legend, but not an Albion legend.

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
fair enough....but really..Hammond? Blimey!

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Dave the Gaffer said:
fair enough....but really..Hammond? Blimey!

:ohmy: :angry:

He is my favourite player. I do see him as the engine room to our team. He certainly covers the the most ground and has managed to score some important goals. As you are aware, we are not bursting at the seams with natural talent. :D

Last edited:

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Barrel of Fun said:
:ohmy: :angry:

He is my favourite player. I do see him as the engine room to our team. He certainly covers the the most ground and has managed to score some important goals. As you are aware, we are not bursting at the seams with natural talent. :D

....Yes but Hammond?

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
fisons said:
I'm going out on the smash in Blackpool next friday with the blokey who does the local radio commentary and he's asked me for some pen pictures of the likely brighton xi.

I thought the forum might like to contribute.

PS yes I will be checking the beach to see if Alan Pardew is still there.

pens-bp1437-lg.jpg

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
That's not exactly helpful, is it Wookie ? He asked for Albion pen pictures...

BHApenpicture.jpg

Last edited:

fisons

Feb 21, 2005
Thanks Titanic - I'll make sure they are in by bag for the journey north next weekend.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Barrel of Fun said:

Bas Savage - 'Super Bas' - Gangly, ungainly, gets the job done and makes life difficult for the defence. Cult hero in the making. Watch out for the moowalk .

What - like this?

walk(cow).gif

Last edited:

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Pen Pictures from Palace programme Sat 18th March 1978.

Guess the players from the following fragments (they aren't in shirt order!):

1. "Born in London. One other previous club, Chelsea"
2. "One of three recent signings at the Goldstone from Hartlepool. Scored two goals in his first two games for the Albion"
3. "Most recent signing for Brighton. Welsh international."
4. "Voted Player of the Year by PNE fans in 1976"
5. "Only previous club Southend. Brought from this club through exchange deal with former striker Gerry Fell"
6. "Born Derby." (in a manger?)
7. "played for Newcastle United before joining the Posh"
8. "Product of Norwich City youth policy"
9. "Forward. Born Colwyn Bay"
10. " went to non-league Hednesford Town befor joining Port Vale"
11. "Joined Albion in June 1977 from Sheffield Wednesday"
12. "Good all-round defender [...] signed for Albion while holidaying in Spain June 1977"
13. "signed professional October 1972 after apprenticeship at Goldstone Ground"
14. "Defender. Played 7 times for Newcastle United before joining Carlisle. Joined Albion in November 1974"

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Moshe Gariani said:
Pen Pictures from Palace programme Sat 18th March 1978.

Guess the players from the following fragments (they aren't in shirt order!):

1. "Born in London. One other previous club, Chelsea"
2. "One of three recent signings at the Goldstone from Hartlepool. Scored two goals in his first two games for the Albion"
3. "Most recent signing for Brighton. Welsh international."
4. "Voted Player of the Year by PNE fans in 1976"
5. "Only previous club Southend. Brought from this club through exchange deal with former striker Gerry Fell"
6. "Born Derby." (in a manger?)
7. "played for Newcastle United before joining the Posh"
8. "Product of Norwich City youth policy"
9. "Forward. Born Colwyn Bay"
10. " went to non-league Hednesford Town befor joining Port Vale"
11. "Joined Albion in June 1977 from Sheffield Wednesday"
12. "Good all-round defender [...] signed for Albion while holidaying in Spain June 1977"
13. "signed professional October 1972 after apprenticeship at Goldstone Ground"
14. "Defender. Played 7 times for Newcastle United before joining Carlisle. Joined Albion in November 1974"

Number four was Guy Butters, surely.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here