I think either crumplin or chivers went in goal one game

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Re: Re: albion outfield players in goal

vulture said:
I think either crumplin or chivers went in goal one game

Hmm, I'm sure I've seen the football genius go in goal before as well. Can't remember any details though.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Didn't Wendy go in goal at Millwall once, when the keeper was injured in the pre-match warm up, mind you that could have been Chivers as they were around at the same time.

Referee!!! said:
As mentioned in a previous thread. Gary Hart will no doubt play in goal before the end of the season.
He played in goal in a post-season match at Crowborough a few years back and saved a penalty.

The FDM was playing in the same game as a striker.

errmmmm ... ?

... Maybe not.

:cool:

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
Rod Thomas saved a goal bound shot on the line so maybe he thought he was a goalie. And chivers went in goal for the start of the millwall game season 91/92 I think untill Beeney was ready to come on.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Gully said:
Didn't Wendy go in goal at Millwall once, when the keeper was injured in the pre-match warm up, mind you that could have been Chivers as they were around at the same time.

I think it was Chivers who went in goal. Same match that a fan came on and had a go at John Robinson, and Beeney stepped in?

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
pishhead said:
Rod Thomas saved a goal bound shot on the line so maybe he thought he was a goalie. And chivers went in goal for the start of the millwall game season 91/92 I think untill Beeney was ready to come on.

:angry: Beat me to it!

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey
Referee!!! said:
As mentioned in a previous thread. Gary Hart will no doubt play in goal before the end of the season.

Hasnt he played in goal before? Seem to remember the goalkeeper at the time getting sent off, and Harty having to play in goal for about 5 minutes?

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
I thought Dexter Blackstock did OK for Saints in the Cup game at the weekend, only really made one save from a quickly taken free kick and that was more of a volleyball punch but gave it a go. Have to say that their real keeper was pretty impressive for a teenager, although he looked much older.

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
Can think back to a game at the goldstone v the monkey hangers in 1993 they had their keeper sent off in about the 3rd minute when Andy Kenndey done his diving swan act.Thier little full back went in goal and saved chappers penalty.Fozzie scored and then they scored with the last kick of the game to make it 1-1.Cue loads of anti Barry Lloyd chants.

JSD Albion

Jul 17, 2003
Burgess Hill
pishhead said:
It was against Northampton in the League Cup - I think. To be fair it was a blinding save and he got red carded to a standing ovation!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Gully said:

I think that it was Chivers and we brought on a sub after about 2 minutes when he had got changed. Can't remember which goalkeepers it was but I think that we got fined as the 2nd goalkeeper hadn't been named originally as a sub.

We played at The Valley once in an evening game and the team had to walk the last 1/2 mile because the traffic was so bad and they were late and one of the non playing squad members ran on to give the ref the team sheets.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I remember some player called Petterson going in goal for us a couple of years ago, and he clearly wasn't a goalkeeper :dunce:

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
I also reckon Stuart Tuck went in goal for us at The Goldstone. It was that or the manager (Brady or Case) saying he had been practicing in training as we were so short. Anyone cast any light on this?

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Lord Bracknell said:
He played in goal in a post-season match at Crowborough a few years back and saved a penalty.

The FDM was playing in the same game as a striker.

Better tell Magoo that :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here