Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Albion internship this year

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
A fully paid, rotational, 2-year internship, for people not going to University. This is really good from the club.
Agreed. What an absolutely FANTASTIC opportunity for a couple of local young people. And as you say - well done the club for paying a living wage to the lucky interns - so many organisations abuse the internship model as a source of free labour.

Looks brilliant - and the club is a big enough organisation that you can pretty much guarantee that anyone who is committed and intelligent will be found a job of some kind at the end of the two years.

I know that my football mad, highly intelligent, but not academically engaged young nephew would absolutely LOVE this opportunity when he's old enough in a couple of years.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
What a brilliant opportunity. Good luck to the team sorting through the 1000’s of applications!!

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
"We are proud to be an equal opportunities workplace that reflects the diversity of our society and the world around us. Our core values mean that we have a strong ethical culture which allows us to meet the needs of our diverse audience, both on and off the pitch. If you require any reasonable adjustments to support your application, please contact teamtalent@brightonandhovealbion.com"

Dear Team Talent,

I require a reasonable adjustment of 35 years to support my application.

Love,

HS

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Brilliant idea. They already have BSc and MSc interns in various departments but this is excellent. They'll get flooded with applications

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London

albionalba

Football with optimism
NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2023
sadly in Scotland
It's a shame that more employers won't stray outside the fixation on graduate hiring. The tide might be changing a little with a few big employers etc recruiting blind to HE qualifications, so good to see Albion approaching it in this way. And it is a great opportunity. @Zeberdi can add it to their list of Albion community etc impacts from yesterday's discussion perhaps....

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Another amazing thing from the Club.

I remember 'back in the day' getting on one of the first YTS schemes and the small company I worked for employed me FT afterwards. Gave me a lot of understanding how companies work, skills, knowledge and my first proper job. I think they are great for boh parties, the company gets to see how the person is and the person gets to see how the company is and if they are compatable. Win/win.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
It's a shame that more employers won't stray outside the fixation on graduate hiring. The tide might be changing a little with a few big employers etc recruiting blind to HE qualifications, so good to see Albion approaching it in this way. And it is a great opportunity. @Zeberdi can add it to their list of Albion community etc impacts from yesterday's discussion perhaps....

No idea, but is that a Govt thing? I know a mate (builder type) who has took on an apprentice and the Govt cover a large % of his wages.

It gives those that are not academically gifted or inclined an opportunity in life.

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
Isn't it? £21k too. Not too shabby.
It's the national living wage which has replaced minimum wage for 21 year olds and older.

It is still good, because they could legally pay less for an 18 year old but much easier to stick to the minimum national living wage for adults rather than legally exclude anyone. The way most get around this is by offering shorter work placements/experiences and rotating those people - you don't have to pay for that and it is genuinely great that the club has got a long-term paid position for a young person to experience a number of different roles inside the club (including coaching) and at the very least adding a very credible employment experience to their CV.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here