Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion in the Community Pub Quiz last night

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Well done to all concerned. A great time was had by all and big thanks to Dan Tester and Jack the Lad.

Gutted that I got a music question wrong, though. It was "what was number one when we played Millwall in the '91 play-offs?"

I thought it might be Ebeneezer Goode by the Shamen. Wrong!

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
We went for Bryan Adams - Everything I Do, as it was number one for all of the 90s

Great night, and it was great beating The Large One and his team at "The Albion Anorak" round.

Not so sure about the chocolate flavoured sweets picked from the lucky dip!

Soul Finger

May 12, 2004
Nice one. A great bunch of people there last night.

For those that couldn't make it, here's the Albion Anorak round.

1. On this day (yesterday) in 1983 Albion players appeared on Top of Pops with the FA Cup final song, The Boys in Old Brighton Blue. Where was it in the charts? (nearest guess wins).
2. Glenn Murray played for which US team in 2004?
3. Which Brighton pub was the birthplace of the Albion?
4. Which player joined the Albion for a club-record fee of £200, from Sunderland, in July 1919?
5. For the 1993/94 season, name the shirt sponsor and the shirt manufacturer?
6. The highest-ever Goldstone crowd was against Fulham on December 26th 1958. What was it? (The exact figure please)
7. The Albion narrowly lost against Arsenal – in front of 26,467 at the Goldstone – in the FA Cup fourth round in 1988. Who acrobatically netted Albion’s equaliser in the 2-1 defeat?
8. Who scored the second Albion goal on this day (yesterday) in 1991?
9. Name the opposition when floodlight failure caused the postponement of this FA Cup third round tie in January 2003?
10. Who was manager when Albion won the Southern League and Charity Shield in 1910?

D

Deleted User X18H

1 25th
2 Vancouver Whitecaps
3 Seven Stars
5 Nobo Sports Express
6 36,747
7 Garry Nelson
8 Mike Small
9 Norwich City
10 John Jackson

Last edited:

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Nice one. A great bunch of people there last night.

For those that couldn't make it, here's the Albion Anorak round.

1. On this day (yesterday) in 1983 Albion players appeared on Top of Pops with the FA Cup final song, The Boys in Old Brighton Blue. Where was it in the charts? (nearest guess wins).
2. Glenn Murray played for which US team in 2004?
3. Which Brighton pub was the birthplace of the Albion?
4. Which player joined the Albion for a club-record fee of £200, from Sunderland, in July 1919?
5. For the 1993/94 season, name the shirt sponsor and the shirt manufacturer?
6. The highest-ever Goldstone crowd was against Fulham on December 26th 1958. What was it? (The exact figure please)
7. The Albion narrowly lost against Arsenal – in front of 26,467 at the Goldstone – in the FA Cup fourth round in 1988. Who acrobatically netted Albion’s equaliser in the 2-1 defeat?
8. Who scored the second Albion goal on this day (yesterday) in 1991?
9. Name the opposition when floodlight failure caused the postponement of this FA Cup third round tie in January 2003?
10. Who was manager when Albion won the Southern League and Charity Shield in 1910?

1)16:shrug:
2)Ohio state:shrug:
3)The Albion:shrug:
4)Wilf the beast Wolfenstein:shrug::shrug:
5)SANDTEX!:clap2: admiral???
6)36,548???
7)GARRY NELSON!:clap2::clap2:
8)Codner???
9)Norwich:clap2:
10)Charlie Webb???:shrug:

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
1. 65. I remember looking up the chart position when I got my first Guiness book of hit singles and it's been etched on my brain ever since.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here