Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

albion history help needed

Enrys-Ammer

Aug 2, 2011
in a game against portsmouth at the goldstone ground in i would guess the early nineties? me and one other as a favour to malcom stuart were doing a bit of helping out for the game filling water bottles/collecting the kit after etc
anyway during the game martin khul(spelling?) was sent off and was arguing with a brighton player, possibly raphael meade? who was either sent off or came off injured? before the end of the game i was in the home dressing room witnessing the big black fella and khul kicking either side of the same door trying to get to each other with murder on there mind(khul would have put the kkk to shame with his views on colour). the only other things i remember with regards to the date were jim smith was manager and darren anderton was in there squad(possibly sub)
sorry for the long post but can anybody fill in some more details of this game and the date?

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
I've got that game on video. I'll see if I can dig it out...

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
GR, if thats the one you got from me, Gall was playing that game. can't recall if Meade was playing, but I suppose if he did score he must have been

That's the one. Thanks so much for sharing it. I've already stuck online last season - before Viddler deleted my account for copyright issues!

Enrys-Ammer

Aug 2, 2011
thanks all i thought i was losing my marbles and had imagined the whole thing!!
ive managed to track down some stuff about the lovely mr kuhl
Martin Kuhl, combative and creative midfield general of the Blues, early 1980's vintage, has a special message for a fan who threw a pig's trotter at him during a Blues-Villa match in 1985.

"Next time please use fresh meat!" Kuhl laughs as he recalls the incident and his response to the unusual missile coming his way.

"I picked it up and took a big bite out of it! It tasted awful and I couldn't get rid of the taste in my mouth for days afterwards!"

To the uninitiated observer, gnawing on a raw pig's trotter mid-game might seem to be the kind of behaviour that could be expected of Kuhl, whose "hard man" image was born out of his time as one of the infamous Blues "hell raisers", alongside the likes of Tony Coton, Noel Blake, Robert Hopkins and Mick Harford.

and,
Wycombe Wanderers assistant manager Martin Kuhl has resigned a week after being suspended by the club.

The 46-year-old was the subject of an internal investigation at Adams Park, but the club has refused to announce the reason why.

Enrys-Ammer

Aug 2, 2011
And strangely my missus noticed me typing about raphael meade and mentioned she used to work in london some sort of sales job with a "raphael meade who used to play for arsenal"

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Raphael Meade also got to be in a TV advert in the 1980s. Lucky guy.

Bruntburger

Mar 9, 2009
Peacehaven
Meade was a legend! He scored at Burnden park to equalise in the FA cup at Bolton. remember it well... Crazy celebrations and inflatable skeletons & bananas everywhere!!

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
What was the game at the Goldstone where Kieran O'Regan (one of my favourite players at the time) scored a great volley - wasn't that against Pompey?

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
What was the game at the Goldstone where Kieran O'Regan (one of my favourite players at the time) scored a great volley - wasn't that against Pompey?

Nope I seem to recall we lost that game 3-2 with Alan Biley having a brilliant scissor kick goal disallowed?

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Yeah, just looked it up. March 86 - we were 3-0 down at HT then Dean Saunders and O'Regan scored, but I seem to remember his goal was right at the end so no time for a come back. He was a great little player tho - underrated IMO.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here