Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion HAVE bid for Currie

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Meanwhile, Albion have made an offer to Forster's ex-Ipswich colleague Darren Currie to bring him back to Withdean but the 32-year-old midfielder is likely to sign for another League One club.

Currie joined the Seagulls on a free transfer from Wycombe Wanderers in August 2004. He was sold to Ipswich 22 appearances and 18 weeks later for £250,000 and ended last season helping Derby reach the Premiership.

http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/arg...500234.0.big_bas_backs_new_albion_signing.php

sir danny cullip

Feb 14, 2004
Burgess Hill
"but the 32 year old midfielder is likely to sign for another league one club" I assume thats Millwall? We should be able to match Millwall for wages and we seemingly arent scared of giving 30 plusses a decent length contract so why is it assumed that he's going there?

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Indeed, why Millwall over us?

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Doesn't he know the manager there fairly well? Maybe they have offered him guarenteed first team football.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Because Millwall have more money than us, a nicer ground than us, and a much better team than us. They will be challenging next season, we probably won't. Put it like this, if I were a footballer faced with the choice of Albion or Millwall, even bearing in mind who I support, I would choose Millwall every time.

...but apart from that, why would anybody choose Millwall over us

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Well, if you want anymore reasons, then it also means he can live in London again, which despite the obvious bias you will find on here, has to be better than Brighton. It doesn't matter that Bermondsey is a hole, he only has to go there once a fortnight. There has to be a fair chance that Millwall will provide him with another shot at the Championship in a year too.

....nah

1066gull

Anyone who has contact with some club insiders, or better, someone who knows Currie, please try and promote and encourage him to come to us as I really really really wanna see vindaloo in the stripes. :(

mansfieldwhippy

Dec 18, 2004
mansfield
Withdean is better than what? Better than a swimming lesson with Michael Barrymore, probably. Better than an evening with Jim Davidson, most definitely. But better than the New Den? Er, no!

:lolol::lolol::lolol: yer i writ that without thining
but were better than millwall:ohmy:sometimes but who cares he should come back here though cause we didn't see much of him here and he would be key as will forster

work your magic Dick and Dean *hint*:whisky::whisky::whisky:

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
As I said on another thread, maybe he remembers how the Brighton fans treated him at Portman Road 15 months ago.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
How did they/we treat him?

A lot of fans booed him every time he touched the ball throughout the game. I don't know why because he played well for us whilst he was here.
A similar thing happened to Cullip when we played Forest a few months later. It seemed to be mainly youngsters then but at Ipswich it was the majority of Brighton fans. I was standing with Hiney and Turkey. We couldn't understand it.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
That is one thing that I have never been able to understand, booing a former player, can't say that I have ever or indeed would ever do it myself. Even if someone didn't have a particularly distinguished career with the Albion then it is only polite, and in my opinion, the done thing to show some appreciation.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here