Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion Forum - Hove - Thur. 21/01 @7pm

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
GUS POYET IS GOING TO THE DOGS !!!!!!

So is Charlie Oatway and former Albion player John Byrne. Next Thursday 21st January is the first of three Albion Forums to take place during January and February which will feature Gus Poyet at all three.

The first is to be held at Coral Brighton and Hove Greyhound Stadium, Nevill Road Hove with the start time at 7pm.

Steve Gibbon the Commercial Officer for Albion in the Community said. “We are extremely grateful for Gus, Charlie and John to give their time with all the profits going to Albion in the Community the charity arm of the football club.

The timings for the event next Thursday will be food served from 7.00pm till 7.45pm when the floor will be open for guests to question the panel. They can ask any football related questions and I’m am sure it will be very informative with the panel giving their views on the current league position, the forthcoming FA cup tie against Aston Villa plus their World Cup thoughts.

Admission is £10 in advance (to include a Chicken Curry) and can be purchased by phone pn 01273 562611. They can also be purchased from Albion in the Community (Football Forum), Withdean Stadium, Tongdean Lane, Brighton BN1 5JD or email steve.gibbon@studysupport.org

The two remaining forums will be held on Thursday 11th February at Burgess Hill Town Football Club and Thomas A Beckett pub in Worthing on Thursday 25th February.

If any further information is required regarding this event please call Steve Gibbon on 07834 022230 or email steve.gibbon@studysupport.org

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Perhaps it would be more appropriate if the Commercial people attended in the light of the impending Villagate scandal looming over tickets ?

Oh and the club could pay people £10 to attend as well.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Perhaps it would be more appropriate if the Commercial people attended in the light of the impending Villagate scandal looming over tickets ?

Oh and the club could pay people £10 to attend as well.

I agree. That would be much more imformative and interesting than quizzing our new manager (for the first time) and two highly regarded ex-players. Sod raising money for AITC as well. :nono:

D

Deleted User X18H

Same night as Everton youth match and a dog meeting. Harty compering.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Do you have to be a Gold, Blue or White member and registered to get tickets, as this is an away match? :dunce:

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
first of 3.....uumm why? in the space of a few weeks aswell, seems mightily ODD to me

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Shall not be going as I dont want a chicken curry and dont want to pay £10. If it had been in the usual format at a reasonable sized venue with a collection in aid of the Albion in the Community I would have attended and donated quite generously but I do not like being given an 'hobsons choice' of take it or leave it. No doubt my non attendance will please some.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
Shall not be going as I dont want a chicken curry and dont want to pay £10. If it had been in the usual format at a reasonable sized venue with a collection in aid of the Albion in the Community I would have attended and donated quite generously but I do not like being given an 'hobsons choice' of take it or leave it. No doubt my non attendance will please some.

Baffling.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
GUS POYET IS GOING TO THE DOGS !!!!!!

The timings for the event next Thursday will be food served from 7.00pm till 7.45pm when the floor will be open for guests to question the panel. They can ask any football related questions and I’m am sure it will be very informative with the panel giving their views on the current league position, the forthcoming FA cup tie against Aston Villa plus their World Cup thoughts.

Admission is £10 in advance (to include a Chicken Curry) and can be purchased by phone pn 01273 562611. They can also be purchased from Albion in the Community (Football Forum), Withdean Stadium, Tongdean Lane, Brighton BN1 5JD or email steve.gibbon@studysupport.org

l]

What is baffling when I said I dont want either a curry or to pay £10.

The most recent fans forum was held at Withdean and had this one been held there and a collection made instead of buyinga chicken curry I would have attended. I think that is quite clear, not that my absence will matter to anybody.

Last edited:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I won't be going either. I'm sure that this is important to you all.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Baffling.
Why is it baffling? I think he makes a valid point and I agree with him. I'm NOT criticising as I think that it's great that the club hold these events, but they're not everybody's cup of tea.

And anyway as a loyal fan I shall be at Withdean cheering the boys on against Everton - pity Gus isn't going to be there.*

*If it doesn't clash with the Youth Cup game please ignore that sentence.

Ronnie

Jan 6, 2009
The Herb Garden
FROM ASK THE CLUB FORUM

Albion Forum 21st Jan

Will Gus still be attending as the Youth Team are playing Everton at the same time

No, this one will be postponed and re-arranged. Details TBA.

Fef

Rock God.
Feb 21, 2009
Thanks Ronnie. I wonder if there will there be a veggie option ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here