Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion Fans dicing with death

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
So says today's printed Argus.
Police are going to crackdown on drivers pulling onto verges and blocking laybys on the A27. PC Balkham says they "will towing and ticketing people even if they are just stopping."
All being discussed at a meeting of Sussex Police authority.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
They are hardly stopping on the motorway, they are joining the back of a f*** off queue turning left, well before the University entrance, where most people get out , when it is stationary leaving the driver the hassle of going round the roundabout and back off to Brighton.

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
Are they going to tow away the vehicles with the driver still in it?

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I noticed cars being targetted by police after the match. It is ridiculous that people see fit to pull over anywhere and just skip out. Not only potentially holding up traffic/buses, but adding to the volume of traffic already in the area.

There were a fair few being dropped off outside Sussex Uni on the way to the game. Again, adding traffic and blocking/slowing things down for everyone else.

Lazy and selfish.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Can they not drop off somewhere ahead of/at Stanmer Park?
It's a short enough stroll from there, Shirley?

They can, but due to them pulling over and snarling up the traffic it's a nightmare to get back out from the Stanmer park slip road.

So, what came first the traffic jam, or the people stopping there it avoid it?

xenophon

speed of life
Jul 11, 2009
BR8
Major felony that, I expect harsh sentencing, it's great that Sussex Police are cracking down hard on these hardened career criminals

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Hmmm...tricky one.

I hopped on a minibus from my local a few weeks ago in Portslade, for the Burnley game I think. It was supposed to leave at 1.30, but ended up leaving just after 2. I was having kittens as I knew the traffic would be a 'mare, and it was supposed to be dropping us off somewhere at the uni I think.

So we hit the inevitable eastbound traffic jam on the A27, get to the sliproad where we're stop-start crawling up the hill, and with it getting ever closer to 3pm the driver said for us to open the door and jump out there. Which we duley did, then scrambled down the grass bank, under the tunnel by the station and on to the ground.

Then after the game, the minibus was waiting for us, parked up in that bus stop / layby on the westbound A27. I was convinced it would be told to move on any minute by police or a steward so pegged it to make sure I was on board, but we were there about 10 minutes till everyone arrived and off we went.

OK it was "convenient" (abeit pricey at a tenner), but that was the first and only time I'll use it, as I can't see them getting away with doing that every week. I'm sticking to the train.

Last edited:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I don't understand why ppl do this - its ludicrous!!!!

Because you can get away from the Amex more or less immediately. After jumping on the minibus in the layby, I was back in my local by 5.20 (and that was with us hanging around for 10 minutes for everyone to get on board).

I've still gone back to using the train though (1) because the minibus was too expensive, and (2) it was dodgy and won't be allowed to continue. I was amazed it was allowed to stay in that layby.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
After the Donny game we were waiting for the number 25 at the bus stop and I observed half a dozen pick ups where the vehicle just pulled out into traffic causing vehicles in lane 1 either to jam on their brakes or swerve into lane 2.

Lady Gull

Aug 6, 2011
West sussex
Because you can get away from the Amex more or less immediately. After jumping on the minibus in the layby, I was back in my local by 5.20 (and that was with us hanging around for 10 minutes for everyone to get on board).

I've still gone back to using the train though (1) because the minibus was too expensive, and (2) it was dodgy and won't be allowed to continue. I was amazed it was allowed to stay in that layby.

I can be back in Shoreham by quarter to 6 now by using the train - which I think is fine - still gives me an hour and a half to get ready before a night out - the transport is definitely improving!

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
Perhaps the club and the council could provide designated pick up and drop off points.

It's all very well those of you complaining and wagging your fingers at the naughty people who do this, but it's easy to forget that a lift to and from the game is easier on certain days. It's nothing about being "lazy" it's about being given choices, which are not being provided.

If the club really are serious about expanding the stadium,then they need to accomodate everyone and not just those who are "able" to get the P&R or the train.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Can they not drop off somewhere ahead of/at Stanmer Park?
It's a short enough stroll from there, Shirley?
That's exactly where I get picked up / dropped off. Wife drops us off, does a U-turn in the entrance to the park and goes back down to the new traffic lights under the new flyover. Turns right and goes back to Brighton and we never go near the old 'main' flyover bridge that carries the road to Woodingdean, indeed the route doesn't even touch the A27. Never any problems, never any congestion. In other words we're not 'traffic complaining about traffic'.

I would like to point out that if the travel vouchers were part of the ticket I wouldn't do this - I was looking forward to going by bus!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here