Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion expect home kick-off (Argus)

Friday night would be utter toilet, and if asked I really hope the club tell whichever tv company it is to do one. If it has to be on the tellybox then 5.30 Saturday would just about be okay, but I really hope it stays at 3pm. Sunday woudn't be much better either. We've waited too many years for this day to have it f***ed about with by tv companies.
Don't you want our proud moment to be shared by the nation?

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Don't you want our proud moment to be shared by the nation?

Couldn't give a toss really. You said it yourself.... OUR proud moment.

Although I do have some sympathy for Albion fans that can't be there for whatever reason.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
I was at that game, oddly enough. Only the second time I've ever been told off by a steward at a football match.

They are very officious at Norwich, I got handed over to the police (briefly) for saying, well shouting, a naughty word at the referee.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
We were due to play Plymouth at home - Despite this, the game didn't go ahead on the Monday.

No it didnt which pissed me off because that meant that was the ONLY home game I missed this year. It was played on Tuesday and I was off to Gothenburg, having deliberately avoided Monday thinking we were playing.

Bloody FA Cup run :angry:

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I know we are a minority, but don't they care about us supporters travelling down from London? Friday would be bloody awful for me.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
I know we are a minority, but don't they care about us supporters travelling down from London? Friday would be bloody awful for me.

If it does turn out to be Friday evening I think I'll be taking the day off work precisely so I don't have to do just that. Apart from which, I have every intention of getting to the stadium hours before kick off which I simply wouldn't be able to do if I was working in London on the Friday.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
They are very officious at Norwich, I got handed over to the police (briefly) for saying, well shouting, a naughty word at the referee.

All I did was take a few photos. Mind you I was front row, right behind the goal!!

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
If it does turn out to be Friday evening I think I'll be taking the day off work precisely so I don't have to do just that. Apart from which, I have every intention of getting to the stadium hours before kick off which I simply wouldn't be able to do if I was working in London on the Friday.

It's getting back that would be the problem, rather than getting there. The last train from Brighton to London is at 11.37pm, you'd be hard-pushed to make it.

It's getting back that would be the problem, rather than getting there. The last train from Brighton to London is at 11.37pm, you'd be hard-pushed to make it.

Why not go via Lewes/HH as about probably no more than 35% of the train travellers would be going that way?

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Then they need educating. A few minutes spent watching a compilation of what we have had to go through should make them aware of the significance of this opener.

I would imagine a telling of our story might be of mild interest to some fans, but as for the on-pitch stuff - limited interest, I'd say. Most people are just going to be watching a green pitch and 22 blokes, and a wanker in the black.

Other than that - it's OUR opener.

bomber130

bomber130
Jun 10, 2011
I personally do not think it matters when we play. Its going to be the greatest day in Albions history. I for one am getting emotional about walking up to the stadium and soaking in the atmosphere. 0h dear Im welling up just thinking about it given ,we were in the late ninetys.

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
Dates been in the diary for ages. Change it now and risk empty seats. Keep Saturday 6th, 3pm preferably so we can all enjoy a couple beers beforehand and make a day of it. Friday too rushed. Sunday too dull. Saturday it is then!

KNC

Sep 3, 2003
Seven Dials
i would hope that whoever we get on 6th august, the club tell the tv companies to do one - just this once.

This is our day - not everyone else's.

100% this

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Cup game could well be our second official home match then.
Imagine Forest at home on 6th August ( wont be a local derby for our first full capacity home match- health and safety etc!) followed by Crawley Towm on Tuesday 9th. Guessing we are seeded and they not!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here