Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

albion dream team

philgull25

Jul 29, 2005
Polegate
I have been reading the 'book a few gd men.' good read. got me thinking who wud i put in my brighton 11? As i have only been watching brighton since 1996 i will not be a hypicrit and pick ward etc although everyone who i have talked to says ward and lawro were brilliant. anyway here we go!

..............................................kuipers..................................................................................
virgo................cullip...........................butters...................mayo...................................
hart..................sidwell....................chippie....................jones.........................
..................................bobby z.....................steele....................................................

Last edited:

Deano's Invisible Pants

Mar 1, 2008
With very few decent wingers over the years, personally I would go for 3-5-2:

Mark Beeney (Gk)

Steve Foster (CB)
Mark Lawrenson (CB)
Gary Stevens (CB)

Gary Williams (Wing back)
John Gregory (Wing back)

Jimmy Case (CM)
Brian Horton (CM)
Sergei Gotsmanov (CM)

John Byrne (CF)
Peter Ward (CF)

Subs:

Danny Wilson, Dean Saunders, Bobby Zamora, Peter O'Sullivan, Gordon Smith

This team would be dead certs for Top 6 in the Prem!!

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
My team been watching since 79

Gk Ben Roberts
RB Gary Stevens
LB Keith Dublin
CB Mark Lawroson
CB Steve Foster
MF Brian Horton
MF Jimmy Case
MF Danny Wilson
MF Steve Penney
CF Bobby Zamora
CF Garry Nelson

Subs
John Bryne
Perry Digweed
Gary Chivers
Gerry Ryan
Peter Ward
Simon Morgan
Mike Small

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Vulture, that would be a pretty decent team...I would probably put Beeney, Kuipers or Moseley in goal as I don't think that I ever saw Ben Roberts play...however, the words nails and hard as come to mind when you look at that line up!

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
Vulture, that would be a pretty decent team...I would probably put Beeney, Kuipers or Moseley in goal as I don't think that I ever saw Ben Roberts play...however, the words nails and hard as come to mind when you look at that line up!

a team of legends and fighters

nobody's dupe

Old Fart
Feb 12, 2004
I'm behind you!
John Gregory (Wing back)

John Gregory? John bloody Gregory? Are you looking for trouble on here?

The only knowledge of Greggers most posters on here have of him is one reported quote, after our clever chairman pulled a fast one and successfully fleeced a size-able amount of money off of the team John managed at the time, Aston Villa.

You are absolutely right to include him. He was a quality player.

Deano's Invisible Pants

Mar 1, 2008
John Gregory? John bloody Gregory? Are you looking for trouble on here?

The only knowledge of Greggers most posters on here have of him is one reported quote, after our clever chairman pulled a fast one and successfully fleeced a size-able amount of money off of the team John managed at the time, Aston Villa.

You are absolutely right to include him. He was a quality player.

Equally, if you asked me to pick the all time BHA Dickhead 11, he would probably be 2nd on the team sheet after Leon Kn*ght!

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
I have been reading the 'book a few gd men.' good read. got me thinking who wud i put in my brighton 11? As i have only been watching brighton since 1996 i will not be a hypicrit and pick ward etc although everyone who i have talked to says ward and lawro were brilliant. anyway here we go!

..............................................kuipers..................................................................................
virgo................cullip...........................butters...................mayo...................................
hart..................sidwell....................chippie....................jones.........................
..................................bobby z.....................steele....................................................

Butters and not Morgan :thud:

philgull25

Jul 29, 2005
Polegate
Butters and not Morgan :thud:

i was torn but went with butters as i feel that one season he had coming back from all the criticism that he got that alot of people forget shows him to be a true professional....people forget what he went to. his kids got bullied badly. over football? what a joke!

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
Tobe honest, my top11 is not much diffrent from Vultures

Gk John Keeley
RB Gary Stevens
LB Keith Dublin
CB Mark Lawrenson
CB Steve Foster
MF Brian Horton
MF Jimmy Case
MF Sergei Gotsmanov
MF Steve Penney
CF Peter Ward
CF John Byrne

Subs
Bobby Zamora
Mark Beeney
Ian Chapman
Gerry Ryan
Mark Gall
Simon Morgan
Danny Wilson

Going back to the OP, a few good men is a fantastic read. Cardboard,I'll bring yours back next Saturday. :thumbsup:

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
gk Meola (for the hair)
lb Chapman
rb myall (sentimental reasons)
cb Hinshelwood
cb Foster
lw Walker
rw Gostmanov
cm Sidwell
cm Case
fw zamora
fw byrne

Oct 25, 2003
Ben Roberts

Simon Morgan
Dean Blackwell
Danny Cullip

Gary Hart (1998-c.2003)
Richard Carpenter (first few years)
Steve Sidwell
Jimmy Case (even when he couldn't run)
Paul Brooker

Bobby Zamora
Nicky Forster

subs:
michel kuipers, guy butters, richie barker, paul watson (for set pieces), leon knight, sebastien carole, paul rogers

Deano's Invisible Pants

Mar 1, 2008
Tobe honest, my top11 is not much diffrent from Vultures

Gk John Keeley
RB Gary Stevens
LB Keith Dublin
CB Mark Lawrenson
CB Steve Foster
MF Brian Horton
MF Jimmy Case
MF Sergei Gotsmanov
MF Steve Penney
CF Peter Ward
CF John Byrne

Subs
Bobby Zamora
Mark Beeney
Ian Chapman
Gerry Ryan
Mark Gall
Simon Morgan
Danny Wilson

Going back to the OP, a few good men is a fantastic read. Cardboard,I'll bring yours back next Saturday. :thumbsup:

Interesting how many people have Keith Dublin at No. 3. IMO, a solid player (would walk into our team now), but not as good a player as Williams, Steve Gatting, or Chris Hutchings. Better defensively than Ian Chapman, but not nearly as good going forward (Dublin was fundamentally a left sided centre back).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here