Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
Albion closing on another signing
9:00am Tuesday 9th August 2011

By Andy Naylor »
Print
Email
Comments(0)

Albion are closing in on another transfer target.

But Gus Poyet has warned it could go right to the wire before he completes his Championship squad.

Poyet has until the end of the month to add the two or three players he is after.

The manager revealed to The Argus: “We are in a good position, especially for one of them. The other one or two there is always something cropping up, it’s incredible.

“There are days when I am thinking that’s it and the next day it’s no and you start again. I can see one of them happening in the last week or the last minute.”

Poyet still wants a midfielder and a striker, including preferably a dead-ball expert.

He said: “We are still looking for a couple of players and one of the main things is that they are penalty takers and free-kick takers, which is important for us.”

Albion will be well prepared if they are forced into a Carling Cup penalty shoot-out against Gillingham tonight.

They had a shocking record from the spot last season but Poyet said: “It’s something we looked at in the summer. There are a few who can take them which will surprise you.”

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Have Reading got any good players left now that Long has left?

I'd LOVE to nick some of their players, after their opportunistic pilfering in the noughties. :tosser: :tosser: :tosser:

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Well i reckon CMS will have a go at a penalty. Probably Buckley as well (if he is on the pitch) and Lua Lua would probably rip the net.

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Seeing as he says ones which will surprise us I'd guess maybe our keepers? El-Abd? Trying to think of our least likely penalty takers..

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
As long as it's no hasbeen I don't mind who is coming. But Whoever Gus brings in they will be right for the club, I'm sure...

Just waiting for a mention on that short Manure subs name now:p

crasher

Jul 8, 2003
Sussex
I'm a bit confused. Is it wise to "close in" on a signing at this stage? Doesn't that make it more difficult to "swoop" later on? I'd have thought if you're going to swoop you want to stand back first and give yourself some room.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Do we go to extra time and penalties tonight or have they moved to this penalties at 90 minutes thing? I hope so because I cant get home if there is extra time.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Do we go to extra time and penalties tonight or have they moved to this penalties at 90 minutes thing? I hope so because I cant get home if there is extra time.

The Man City was ET then pens. Think it was just the JPT that was straight to pens for the sake of the children.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here