Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion Boss May Reassess Nicolas

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Albion boss may reassess Nicolas
Brighton boss Mark McGhee feels midfielder Alexis Nicolas may have played himself back into the relegated Seagulls' long-term plans.
Nicolas made his first start since 5 November in the 1-0 defeat at Wolves.

McGhee told BBC Southern Counties Radio: "Maybe we underestimated the contribution he might have made.

"He's been patient, worked hard and his attitude is first-class. He's played himself into the frame for next year - we must consider what to do with him."

Dunno if this is fixtures, GOSBTS ect but just found it on BBC.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
it may be a month old, but we still dont know who is staying and who is going !

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I would keep Alexis... time to offload Chippy, I'm afraid... and, yes, the latter has been a fantastic servant to the club, but was next to useless after Palar$e away last season...

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
DAMANCLAY said:
McGhee told BBC Southern Counties Radio: "Maybe we underestimated the contribution he might have made. .
He said that after the Wolves game I think.
Bit f***ing late for "MIGHT HAVES" by then, wunnit.

I'm not convinced that Nicolas is much, or if at all, better than the young crop of midfielders we have coming through like Fraser or Chamberlain. I hope he stays to give us squad options for next season and and that hopefully he will prove me wrong.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
London Irish said:
I'm not convinced that Nicolas is much, or if at all, better than the young crop of midfielders we have coming through like Fraser or Chamberlain. I hope he stays to give us squad options for next season and and that hopefully he will prove me wrong.

How much have you seen of those two? Both very good but Fraser may just be a bit to lightweight at the mo and Chamberlain is still quite raw. I think we need Nicolas as a starter in the centre of our midfield as these lads need to be brought through slowly.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Are Frase and or Chamberlain up for the physical challenge of League 1 ?

D

Deleted member 2719

Nicholas is a very average player IMO and MM may just keep him because he has not caused him any problems, but i can not see him playing much 1st team footie with us next year- let him go.

:wave:

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Wanderer said:
Are Frase and or Chamberlain up for the physical challenge of League 1 ?

With a bit of building up over the summer Fraser should be ok, but more as a sub than anything. Chamberlain is already pretty big but again would be best used as a sub.

Les Biehn said:
How much have you seen of those two? Both very good but Fraser may just be a bit to lightweight at the mo and Chamberlain is still quite raw. I think we need Nicolas as a starter in the centre of our midfield as these lads need to be brought through slowly.

Rubbish - there is no way you can describe Fraser as lightweight, he is one of the hardest tackling of our youth team and is capable of winning a few headers, in marked contrast to Nicolas. I have seen them about 6 or 7 times this season in their FA youth cup run, reserve games and pree-seasons friendlies. How many times have you seen them? ???

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
London Irish said:
Rubbish - there is no way you can describe Fraser as lightweight, he is one of the hardest tackling of our youth team and is capable of winning a few headers, in marked contrast to Nicolas. I have seen them about 6 or 7 times this season in their FA youth cup run, reserve games and pree-seasons friendlies. How many times have you seen them? ???

About 9 or 10 times. Lets get this straight, I didn't describe him as lightweight, I said he may be a bit to lightweight at the moment, obviously in the context of playing third tier professional football. He may be tough tackling but he is still of a fairly small build. Even if he was stacked I wouldn't want to just throw him in for the whole season. I think Fabergas is a good example of this. He tended to get a bit over run in games but with gentle introduction to the Arsenal team he has flourished and got stronger.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here