Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Alan Partridge The Movie

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Looking like it's finally getting the go ahead.

Not a big fan of the second series, except the odd moment like when he books the private members club in name of the Real IRA.

However, in my opinion the series in the hotel is up there with the best of British comedy.

For anyone who has worked in the TV industry in any form, you'll understand how very well observed Partridge as a character is. I used to work for a company a bit like Peartree Productions and the rubbish programme ideas and the ringing up of a B list celebrity to present (who the owner happens to be mates with) is 100% spot on.

As is the "doing a corporate" to keep the wolf from the door.

Not often I look forward to a film, but I really hopes this gets made and Coogan doesn't let us down.

Last edited:

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
When they turn a comedy series into a movie. it is usualy crap.

Too true, but the film that came off the back of The Thick of It ( directed by Armando Iannucci, Partridge's other creator) looks to be doing very well.

The only good film cross over I can think of is the Dad's Army Film, which I must admit having a very soft spot for.

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
I hope this is true, Partridge is true genius.

And Ianucci's recent success with In The Loop would suggest it is more likely

Austrian Gull

Feb 5, 2009
Linz, Austria
Great new if it's finally happening. I agree that the second series didn't match the quality of the first but there were still plenty of highlights (presentation at dante's fires, foot stuck on a spike, James Bond marathon, Lynn at her mother's graveside, Daaaaaan!).

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
If Coogan's comedy receptacles are as skewed as they were for his live shows last year, this could get very ugly.

Austrian Gull

Feb 5, 2009
Linz, Austria
If Coogan's comedy receptacles are as skewed as they were for his live shows last year, this could get very ugly.

As long as he's got a decent co-writer alongside him, all will be fine!

He was never a great stand-up comedian, it's not his strength IMHO.

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
Much as I'd love it to be good I have a horrible feeling it will be crap. Hasn't Armando Ianucci said he won't be involved?

I agree the first series was better than the second but I think it is better than a lot of people think. Austrian gull pointed out some classic bits :)

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
the "foot on spike", when he was at the podium as one of the funnies things I have ever seen

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Much as I'd love it to be good I have a horrible feeling it will be crap. Hasn't Armando Ianucci said he won't be involved?
That would be a disaster.
Is it definitely happening now? I saw Steve Coogan was talking about it, but he has been for years.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here