Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Alan Navarro to be offered new deal

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
I said that he is not my type of player. I do not like defensive midfielders if this is the type of player Navarro is. Playing this type of player slows the game down. I prefer to watch exciting attacking football. Good luck to him but with another club.

And in one fell swoop you freely admit to knowing little or nothing about Gus' style of football.

Andy Naylor wrote about you yesterday.

xenophon

speed of life
Jul 11, 2009
BR8
I wouldn't even class Navarro as an out-and-out defensive midfielder in the same way Bridcutt is. He's more versatile than that, I'd have him in the middle with Bridcutt dropping in behind him when needed.

It's all opinions, but we should be happy we have a strong midfield, it's getting the right combination, Poyet will have it sorted. I think Navarro will be on the bench a lot, but I'm glad he's back in the mix, he earned it before his injury because for me he was the lynchpin of that team.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Let's see how many games Navarro plays and in the games he does play at this level it will be interesting to see how he copes.

Well not really, hopefully he wont play too many games as that would probably mean that Bridcutt is injured. The point everyone is trying to make is that he is decent, cheap, back-up. And the money saved on buying a defensive midfielder can be spent elsewhere.

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
genuinely amazed that people seem to think fat-nav is in the same league as bridcutt or dicker. he offers none of bridcutt's defensive strength and none of dicker's playmaking magic.

i can't seem him playing next year at all other than perhaps the league cup games when gus plays the reserves.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
genuinely amazed that people seem to think fat-nav is in the same league as bridcutt or dicker. he offers none of bridcutt's defensive strength and none of dicker's playmaking magic.

i can't seem him playing next year at all other than perhaps the league cup games when gus plays the reserves.

Utterly unhelpful and childish comment. Demeaning one of our own players with a patently untrue epithet can only be unhelpful to the player and will inform the view other posters develop of your comments (which in my view are equally puerile).

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Nav is/was part of the back bone of the team , Gus is a long term fan of his , all this bitching is making me itch ....!!!! we are not managers or coaches , we are not even stewards or kit boys ....why dont we all just f*** off and discuss felching 18 year uni students (female)........he wouldn't have been offered a contract if he wasn't up to it........!!!!

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
Utterly unhelpful and childish comment. Demeaning one of our own players with a patently untrue epithet can only be unhelpful to the player and will inform the view other posters develop of your comments (which in my view are equally puerile).

you should try climbing down from that high horse of yours from time to time. don't really care what other posters think about my comments, to be honest. just offering my views on fat-nav's potential new contract.

xenophon

speed of life
Jul 11, 2009
BR8
you should try climbing down from that high horse of yours from time to time. don't really care what other posters think about my comments, to be honest. just offering my views on fat-nav's potential new contract.

Thankfully Gus Poyet doesn't see it your way, but then he's knows about football.

My main gripe about the death of football terracing is that when you stood on a terrace you could move away from tits with 'views' like yours, you can't in the seats. Perhaps if Alan Navarro was to break his legs in Portugal to keep him away from spoiling your squad you'd be happy?

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM

How about you getting off your high horse?

You're a spiteful, vindictive, nasty individual criticising one of our more talented, tenacious players on the back of your own ignorance.

Feel free to belt up when you watch him play.

Safe.

Jun 8, 2008
He would be a good addition also if were unlucky and we get a few injuries in defence we could shift bridcutt to rb and put navarro holding mid.

mune ni kamome

Jun 5, 2011
Worthing
Only this morning Patrick Viera has stated Arsenal's lack of silverware is due to an imbalance between skill and physicality. You can't just fill a team with silky skills type players. It takes a blend of different characteristics that you put together and hope for success. So far Gus is doing pretty well IMO.

Coleby1007

Feb 28, 2011
Lancing

I tend to agree in what your saying and cant believe the slating your getting. He will be a squad player nothing more. He wont be first choice in midfield. However if he can do a job in some games and do a job when coming on as a sub to add abit more steel in the middle then fine. He wont be on huge wages and will want to prove himself at this level. Possibly an astute move by Gus.

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
How about you getting off your high horse?

You're a spiteful, vindictive, nasty individual criticising one of our more talented, tenacious players on the back of your own ignorance.

Feel free to belt up when you watch him play.

pipe down fat boy. i've watched him loads. he's crap. not sure how me thinking he's rubbish at football makes me spiteful vindictive or nasty but there you go.

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
Nav is/was part of the back bone of the team , Gus is a long term fan of his , all this bitching is making me itch ....!!!! we are not managers or coaches , we are not even stewards or kit boys ....why dont we all just f*** off and discuss felching 18 year uni students (female)........he wouldn't have been offered a contract if he wasn't up to it........!!!!

So anyone who doesn't work professionally within the game can't have a view about a player being offered a deal? Is that really what you're saying? If so, it is without doubt, one of the most moronic posts I have ever read on NSC.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
pipe down fat boy. i've watched him loads. he's crap. not sure how me thinking he's rubbish at football makes me spiteful vindictive or nasty but there you go.

Calling him 'fat-nav' is pretty vindictive. Dismissing out-of-hand, through evident force of ignorance, his ball-winning skills, his range of passing, his link play and all the other positive attributes he brings to the team are also pretty spiteful. He's very far from crap, so persistently choosing to ignore - or refusing to acknowledge - what he brings to the team doesn't make your argument any more coherent.

So pipe down yourself.

Can't call him Fat-Nav any more as he is now looking trim and fit. Reading Coleby 1007's post where he describes Navarro being able to come on and add steel in the middle, this I totally disagree with as Navarro never tackles. More of a Wendy than Wendy Wilkins.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
As someone who offered Navarro a lift back to Liverpool at the beginning of the SALDE era, and seeing how well he did when Gus took over Im delighted that he has been given another chance. Believe me there was a time when I resented seeing him in an Albion shirt.

ewe2

Mar 14, 2008
Hailsham area
Navarro will not let us down ,a solid pro and IMO will play more often than not. I guess Poyet had to decide about Lucic ,and he could only afford one . As others have said "Remember the Aston Villa match " IMO he will play with Bridcutt when we need to preserve our 6-4 advantage !

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here