Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Film] Alain Delon - RIP

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA

“He was more than a star. He was a French monument,” Macron added.

The culture minister, Rachida Dati, wrote: “We believe he was immortal … his talent, his charisma, his aura made him destined for a Hollywood career at a young age, but he chose France.”

Born in 1935 in Sceaux in the Paris suburbs, Delon was expelled from several schools before leaving at 14 to work in a butcher’s shop. After a stint in the navy (during which he saw combat in France’s colonial war in Vietnam), he was dishonourably discharged in 1956 and drifted into acting. He was spotted by Hollywood producer David O Selznick at Cannes and signed to a contract, but decided to try his luck in French cinema and made his debut with a small role in Yves Allégret’s 1957 thriller Send a Woman When the Devil Fails.

Delon’s intense good looks made an immediate impact, and he swiftly graduated to lead roles. In 1958 he was cast opposite Romy Schneider in Christine, as a soldier and a musician’s daughter who fall in love. Delon and Schneider began a high profile real-life romance off the set, which confirmed Delon’s burgeoning reputation as a sex
symbol.

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
Loved Delon and Bel Mondo gangster films back in the day

IMG_0155.jpeg

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
True story. When I played ex pat football in Taiwan our left back was an ex army diplomat (lovely off the field, psychopathic on it) called Alan Dillon.

Guess what the name on the back of his shirt was?

Quebec Seagull

Vive le football... LIBRE!
Oct 19, 2022
Gatineau, Québec, CANADA
I rewatch many of his best films now and again: Le Samouraï, Rocco et ses frères, Mélodie en sous-sol, La Piscine, La Veuve Couderc, Monsieur Klein...

But for the past few years, he was a bitter old man who publicly repeated that he was bored with life -- he'd seen and done it all many times over. And of course, his family has been tearing itself apart over him for quite a while.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here