Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Adrian 'Jackpot' Lewis bad housekeeping?

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Cracking darts final last night but an almost bizarre comment from the new champ on collecting his £200,000 cheque.
"Now I can pay my tax bill, I owe the taxman £108,000."

Clearly, even before his win, he earns well as the taxman wouldn't demand that kind of money if you hadn't had the relevant earnings.

But who has he got advising him? Clearly putting your tax money aside is not a piece of advice he's had.

Thankfully he can pay it now, but had he not won last night, or even got knocked out earlier on, thats a huge lump of money to have to find at the end of this month.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
It could be a build up of a few years rather than based on his 09/10 earnings.

Will he put the £92k left over away to cover the £200k winnings from last night which will be due in January 2012 (ignoring any other earnings)

logan89

Jan 4, 2007
Brington
Yea i think it was a joke, and then Phil Taylor even said the taxman will be after him now after this win. Obviously a darts joke for whoever wins the title i guess.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Taxpayers are due to make Payments On Account at the end of this month so it's not unusual to have a big chunk to pay. Interestingly, his earnings in the 2010/11 are going to be much higher than 2009/10, so his tax bill this time next year will be even higher.

Will Jackpot become the Ken Dodd of darts?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here