Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Adrian Chiles of to ITV?

¡Cereal Killer!

Whale Oil Beef Hooked
Sep 13, 2003
Somewhere over there...
Adrian Chiles in talks over ITV sport move - Telegraph

Adrian Chiles, the BBC presenter, is in talks to become the new face of ITV football, according to sources.

The deal with ITV could be worth £6 million
Chiles, who hosts Match of the Day 2, has been approached by the broadcaster to anchor its Champions League and FA cup coverage in a deal said to be worth £6 million.

ITV has made no secret of wanting to expand its sports team after winning the rights from the BBC to broadcast the FA Cup and England internationals from later this year.

Chiles, 40, declined to confirm the deal but said he was flattered by the interest from rival broadcasters.

"I’m incredibly happy here, I’m BBC through and through," he told The Daily Telegraph. "But it’s terribly flattering when the other network comes in for you. So how that will shake out, I don’t know.

"It’s nice to be wanted. You fall into clichés – like you hear footballers going, 'Oh I’m flattered by [another club’s] interest but I’m concentrating fully on the job in front of me'."

An ITV spokesman said: "There has be no announcement about Adrian coming to ITV."

Would be a bad move if he did go to ITV I reckon.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
ITV need to bring back Brian moore to breathe some life into their football.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
dont do it mark :nono:

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
ITV Sport are scum, just look at the way they've dealt with the legensary multi-sports presenter Jim Rosenthal.

:angry:

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
ITV coverage is crap. Just sooooo annoying having all those advert breaks.

Would be a backwards step if you ask me!

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Has he not considered the ramifications of a potential move as regards the 'Adrian Chiles Shirt' contest here on NSC on Sunday.

Inconsiderate git.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Stay on the Beeb, ITV sport is sh1te

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
ITVs football coverage is shite, and they certainly do not need to bring back Brian Moore. His cries of "and it's a goal" or "and it's in there" used to piss me off somehting rotten during champions league games.
ITVs F1 coverage on the other hand is great, even with the adverts, so its not all sports.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
ITV have got to do somthing. the quality of thier pundits is so poor. BBC gets top ex players while ITV get in also rans.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Please, Adrian, don't do it!

It's a presenter's graveyard. Two words:

Steve. Ryder.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here