Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

adams to quit on monday?

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Why monday and not now? Don't believe it.

liam82

Onwards and Upwards
Apr 8, 2007
Telscombe Cliffs
I have heard this on here

sources anyone ?

But why wait until monday ?

Why the night before a game ?

It would be the right decsion, roll on monday :bigwave:

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
He's right you know. And also Glenn Murray is going to Charlton...oh wait, Cardiff? Bugger, I've lost track now.

dennis

Aug 1, 2007
Cornwall
it's true he will quit in the morning but he's got no will power and i bet he starts smoking again by lunchtime.

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
rumour going round at the minute and i heard it mentioned by a few people after the game..

:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

Me! Me! look at me - Why wait till Monday - just an attention seeking rumour nicked off 606. If I am wrong I apologise but I doubt it somehow

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I don't think he should, nor do I think he will.

If he is quitting, it will be for the good of brighton, he gets paid the same if we win or lose, and in today's economic climate getting paid is a nice place to be in. So there is no good in it for him. If he has the club's interest at heart, he won't quit the day before an important (relatively) cup game.

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
it's true he will quit in the morning but he's got no will power and i bet he starts smoking again by lunchtime.

:laugh::laugh:

I can't see this happening - I don't understand where a rumour like this would surface.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Gavthesuperseagull did we really need to rebuils and overhaul the squad in the first place?

Precisely, most of the Adams worshippers said at the beginning of the season we had one of the best squads in the division.

Murray and Forster would be scoring for fun as the best strike partnership in League One.

Currently, we have one of the worst performing squads.

the only signings he needed to make were one or two GOOD WINGERS ( not mcleod, cox )
an attacking central midfielder who will score 6 plus goals a season and a back up striker.
if he had have done that he wouldnt have had to go f***ing about loaning exactly those kinds of players mid season when he realised he completely wasted the hole summer getting some crap players for free and sunbathing while the players trained... but thats another story.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
It took him a season to rebuild our squad last time so just give him time
We had one mediocre season. It was nothing like the abysmal directionless shite we are currently seeing. He also had a fair amount of luck as it so happened his former clubs, particularly Fulham, had a lot of good players for the level we were at that their new manager didn't want. We haven't been so lucky this time. Also, and this is the real crux of the matter, Zamora was a fluke. A one off, just some kid we got on loan because Brentford gazumped us for Pinamonte! Luckily for us he turned out to be a brilliant player.

Even if you ignore some key facts (like the fact that the squad didn't need complete rebuilding, the fact Adams had two months in the job to prepare plus at least a couple more beforehand, the fact he has signed more than 11 players) this argument still holds no water whatsoever I'm afraid.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
So Micky Adams quits tomorrow. Woohoo, lots of people on here are delighted but look ahead. In the short term, the transfer window shuts in two weeks. So we are quick and appoint a new manager within a week which leaves the new manager with a week to make any necessary changes. Alternatively, we buy in players who the new manager may not want in the meantime.

So we all agree we need new players but you want all our targets to change two weeks before the end of the transfer window. Great idea :rolleyes:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here