Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
This from the Argus....

Seagulls boss pays tribute to chairman Knight
8:10am Friday 17th October 2008

Comments (0) Have your say »

By Andy Naylor »

Albion boss Micky Adams has saluted the part played by chairman Dick Knight in the club’s rise from close to Football League oblivion.

Tomorrow’s clash with Hereford is the first between the clubs in the League since their relegation decider at Edgar Street in May 1997, when Knight was in the throes of his takeover and a 1-1 draw saved the Seagulls. On the same day, Adams was savouring promotion with Fulham at the end of his first season in management.

“Dick has done a fantastic job along with the Board, especially with the limited resources we have got at Withdean,” Adams said.

“He will have a massive part in the annuls of history. “The club has evolved over the last 11 years. It has seen a lot of ups and downs. Not everything goes smoothly for any club. It’s a disaster for Man United to be runners-up.

“I think we are in good shape as a football club, certainly not in the perils they were then.”

Adams is, nevertheless, eager for the first home League win of his second spell as manager tomorrow to ease the suspicion that Albion have under-achieved so far this season.

“Dick is a fairly reasonable man,” he said.

“He listens to what you have got to say and has his opinions on it. I am the same, we don’t always agree.

“In fact, a lot of the time we don’t agree but you have to respect the part he and the Board have played in the club.

“I respect them all. That doesn’t mean to say we don’t have healthy discussions at Board meetings, because we do. I know for a fact they, like me and everybody else, think we should be doing better.

“I am under no illusions about that but it’s not an us and them scenario, we are all in it together."

Watch out, Dick - looks like Micky's got in first!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Watch out, Dick - looks like Micky's got in first!

Not a bad bit of PR from the club, win tomorrow and nothing will be said, a draw or a defeat and DK comes out backing MA, harking back to the game at Hereford and citing what MA did last time around and how Rome isn't built in a day etc and we're all in this together, keep the faith :thumbsup:

It will help keep the pesky restless natives quiet if it all goes pear shaped again tomorrow, hopefully won't be necessary as we romp to a big victory

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
sounds to me like MA is sucking up to DICK abit!

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
This from the Argus....

Seagulls boss begs chairman Knight "Please Don't sack me"
8:10am Friday 17th October 2008

Comments (0) Have your say »

By Andy Naylor »

Albion boss Micky Adams has urged Chairman Dick Knight to see beyond the recent disastrous run of form and instead focus on the past in an effort to avoid being given the Spanish Archer.

Tomorrow’s clash with Hereford is the first between the clubs in the League since their relegation decider at Edgar Street in May 1997, when Knight was in the throes of his takeover and a 1-1 draw saved the Seagulls. On the same day, Adams, who in those days barely knew where Brighton was, was savouring promotion with Fulham at the end of his first season in management.

“Dick has done a fantastic job along with the Board, and even though I was nothing whatsoever to do with the clubs last gasp survival bid in 97,somehow by subliminal messages I hope Dick will fondly remember my contribution and how I single handedly kept the Albion in the league. This is especially relevant now as we head towards the foot of the table once again."

“He will have a massive part in keeping me in a job so I wanted to suck up a bit and remind Dick that I recently adopted him as the Father I never had." “The club has evolved over the last 11 years and I want to re-iterate that the ups were entirely down to me and nothing really to do with Bobby Zamora, I had nothing at all to do with any downs. My decision to jump ship halfway through the season for cash during my previous magnificent spell at Withdean shows how keen I am for the club to go on to mediocrity. It’s a disaster for Man United to be runners-up, so us finishing just above the drop will be a magnificent achievement for the Lads and my Dad.

“I think we are in good shape as a football club, certainly not in the perils they were then and I should be congratulated for finishing just outside the play offs last term”

Adams is, nevertheless, Desperate for the first home League win of his second spell as manager tomorrow to disguise the obvious deficiencies in tactics and ridiculous inability to defend in the last minute of matches that currently dog the squad.

“My Dad is a fairly reasonable man,” he said.

“He listens to what you have got to say and always reads me a story from Greavsies Soccer Annual at bedtime, he does funny voices and everything."
"Even when we have harsh words about how badly we have played against teams like Walsall and Northampton, I always agree that he is great in the end.

“A lot of the time we don’t agree that lumping the ball up the Park, playing unfit players and my insistence of bringing in every Journeyman veteran I have ever Managed rather than developing young talent will get us anywhere but you have to respect the part he, me and the Board have played in the club.

“I respect them all. That doesn’t mean to say we don’t have healthy discussions at Board meetings, because we do. I know for a fact they, like me and everybody else, think we should be doing better.

“I am under no illusions about that but it’s not an us and them scenario, we are all in it together."

bhadeb

Jan 11, 2008
How much did he pay Micky for saying that - usual PR shit from the club - strange how it's only Micky that says that ??

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Ooh Dick dont sack me just yet. Give me till january pllllllllleeeeeaaaasse.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here