Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Adam Virgo

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
He's still a celtic player isnt he?

so im not sure what colchesters league place matters. I think If we went up, we would definately have a chance.....just dont think he would want to come back...never know if the money was right.

Jake Manthorpe

You anoy me
Jan 3, 2008
Whitehawk
thats what i mean, if they were still willing to loan him out, surely they would rather to a championship side, rather than a league 1

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
Yeah he was a good player.....one of the best ive seen in the stripes. Strong,steady and was always there at the back and up front for the corners notching a few in.

People say stuff like...we dont need him with a lot of ex players.....I dont understand that...its not as if we are taking this division by storm....were a mid table league one side...

scarfer1

Jun 1, 2004
London
Amazing is a bit strong - solid is a more accurate description. Lynch is a far better 'footballer' and the more he plays the stronger he looks (although injuries obviously don't help). I'm not being deliberately obtuse - I was a big fan of Virgo, I just think money and resources could be better used elsewhere

As for bringing back old players - most of the time they leave because they get better financial offers and the only time they are willing to return is when the are old and past it or when they get found out at a higher level. The fact that we're mid-tale only accentuates the fact that we need to be careful with where we strengthen.

:rave:

scooter1

How soon is now?
I think Strachan see something in Virgo that he likes and he's watching his development. If he was unsure i'm sure he'd have sold him by now. As for coming back here, I think even if we got promoted both player and manager would prefer that he's loaned to a bigger club.

I have TOTAL RESPECT for Adam Virgin.

A hugely committed player who bled the stripes. Considering the trauma of what he went through at times and how he almost single handedly helped keep us in the Championship deserves our complete admiration.

As to whether he may or may not come back, I doubt it, but he would always be welcome :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
I can't see the problem of Virgo coming back. He was always committed to the club and we sold him for the money. Not as if he handed in a transfer request or refused to sign a new contract. I think if we went upto the Championship he would certainly consider coming back. Obviously I don't know him personally but he was willing to join Colchester so I assume he feels that is the sort of level of football he can excel in.
The Chairman loves him (£1.5m), the fans love him, so I can't really see the problem with him coming back. :bowdown:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
No, but you said IF colchester are relegated AND we go up, would we have a chance of getting Virgo back.

Colchester were relegated, but we didn't go up. Therefore only one part of your predictive equation was fulfilled. Virgo came back anyway, therefore our position in the league was rendered irrelevent.

:)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here