Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Adam Virgo - The New Albion Captain

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
Fair play to the lad, Nicky Forster will remain club captain, but Virgo skippers on the pitch

Adam-Virgo-Brighton_1921682.jpg

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
Purely for the vigor with which he shouts "UUUUURRRGH!" every time he goes up for a header, I say this is a good appointment. :thumbsup:

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I agree. Currently (apart from Forster) I would say the most experienced player at the club - certainly most experienced defender.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
does this mean he will finally be first pick Centre Back? can the wiki be altered from "Playing position: Utility"???

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Seems to be conceding that Nicky F is not going to be a regular (assume through age/injury and not through lack of talent). Could also indicate that we might still be looking for another decent striker. NF will take a lot of replacing.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I suspect we'll see Forster used more and more as he was, very effectively, against Stockport (although that was due to injury issues I know), basically as a 'supersub' if we need something 20 mins from the end.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
So, I'd say that pretty much confirms Forster won't be in Slade's (regular) starting XI...

I'd actually say that Slade probably realises that right now Forster isnt going to be fit enough to play regularly for a while at least.

Probably wants to pick a captain who will be playing every game rather than toss the armband around on a reg basis depending on who is in the starting 11. Obviously decieded that Virgs is his first choice centre half and therefor given it to him

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Good choice.
Virgo has also been very forthright recently about only wanting to play CB now as well, so with Russell also handing him the captaincy it would appear his nomadic days are finally over, thank f***.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here