Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Adam ElAbd's New Contract

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
So, is this honest and committed player going to get the new contract he deserves? Or are we going to repeat the RECENT farcical situation which led to us losing our midfield lynchpin?

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
So, is this honest and committed player going to get the new contract he deserves? Or are we going to repeat the RECENT farcical situation which led to us losing our midfield lynchpin?

Opinions are divided on whether it was farcical or not. The player in question we were told was given opportunities to sign, chose not to in the expectation bigger things were on his horizon. When he realised he was just an average player and only COLCHESTER wanted him, tried to back track after the door was closed in his face. So really, it was of his choosing.

But anyway, as TCP said above El-Abd won't be required by any other clubs that are better than us and so will sign to ensure a pay packet.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
How many are out of contract in the summer? We really do need to sort out the contract situation soon or we are (once again) going to have players walk out for nothing.

Don't get me started

One Nation under CCTV
Jul 24, 2007
After all the slagging off he's had on here I wouldn't be surprised if he upped and went. Some of the comments against him have been pure bile, especially after the shirt off to the crowd incident and the leeds faux pas.

I think he is a strong greatly improved player and I hope he stays

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
I would be very disappointed if he were allowed to leave, for me he is a player in the Mayo, Hart, Chapman, Foster, Wilson mould, not necessarily the most skilful or creative but someone who never gives less than 110%...the sort of player who would willingly put himself on the line for his team-mates...their type are few and far between, every team needs one.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Thought this was worth a bump considering over trhe last few games El Abd has been very good and certainly seems less error prone than he did earlier in the season.

What has also impressed me is that he has been kept in the team, even at right or left back or midfield so he is certanly Mr Versatile he will give 100% even if its not his right position.

To be fair he deserves a new contract on some of his performances and by god we missed him when he didnt play against Cheltenham recently.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
'honest and committed' Very Euphemistic.

Spunk Bubble

Feb 21, 2007
A revelation at centre back. Still needs to grow a couple of inches.......length wise (excluding genitalia) not that I know..oh jesus...dug myself a hole here !!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here