Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

adam el-abd

J-Scott

Mar 9, 2009
hello again, as i could not go to the game last night as i went to london to see pearl jam, i was wondering what people thought of brightons performance, was it as bad as the score line suggests?

also every report i have read suggests that adam el-abd had an awful game, is this correct?

jonesie

Feb 19, 2009
cost us at least 3 or 4 goals yesterday with his lack of tackling and backing off 20 yards before letting the attacker run past him

worst performance from any Brighton player since Adam El Abd against Leeds last season

Succinct, correct!

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Obviously I'll get flamed for this, but in FAIRNESS to Adam, I don't think playing him at left back is ever going to see the best of him.

Like picking Virgo on the wing, you can only criticise the player so much, when thy are playing in a position we all know he will struggle in.

I like him as a holding midfielder, I like him as a centre half, and he does a job at right back. Left back, he aint.

jonesie

Feb 19, 2009
I wont flame you however, in fairness he aint ever a left back but in all honesty he aint a defender or a midfielder either.

I understand he has made it into David Blunketts League 1 fantasy team.

Big Ernie McCracken

Mar 9, 2009
I wont flame youu however, in fairness he aint ever a left back but in all honesty he aint a defender or a midfielder either.

I understand he has made it into David Blunketts League 1 fantasy team.

so the other players had nothing to do with last night. If bad old el-abd had not been playing we would still have got stuffed. Yes he made an error but take off the rose tinted specs, we were collectively shit last night

Don Quixote

Nov 4, 2008
I don't know what he is, but he has no skill. He was ok in Dean Wilkins time but now he is just awful. He is just awful. Just awful. No skill. Awful.

Don't get me started

One Nation under CCTV
Jul 24, 2007
I agree about the positioning but when he's in his best position he is hard and rattles the opposition, his passing is woeful but he challenges well and breaks moves down, except when he backs off which I feel he is forced to do due to lack of cover.

He also bleeds brighton but then so do most of you and you wouldnt get picked

Mar 3, 2004
Hove
Just seen the goals on the telly. El Abd responsible for the first three goals.
Didnt get close enough to the winger who crossed for the first goal, let the second goal scorer get goal side of him to tap in, and of course the bloody backpass. Id be very suprised if he starts another game now.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
He would have gone if out of contract last summer, I see him as the first casualty at the end of this season for contract renewal or even out on loan soon.

Bigblonde1

Jul 10, 2008
hello again, as i could not go to the game last night as i went to london to see pearl jam, i was wondering what people thought of brightons performance, was it as bad as the score line suggests?

also every report i have read suggests that adam el-abd had an awful game, is this correct?

sod the match, Pearl Jam at the 02 was f**king awesome , i was there to seated about 20m from the stage.:bowdown:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Obviously I'll get flamed for this, but in FAIRNESS to Adam, I don't think playing him at left back is ever going to see the best of him.

Like picking Virgo on the wing, you can only criticise the player so much, when thy are playing in a position we all know he will struggle in.

I like him as a holding midfielder, I like him as a centre half, and he does a job at right back. Left back, he aint.

I accept that he's better at centre half than full back, however every single time he has a good game and we all think he's turned the corner, his tendency to drop an absolute, Titus-Bramble-esque clanger resurfaces. He'll go through a patch where he looks solid enough, and then he'll gift an opponent a goal by missing a free header, failing to mark someone, or like last night, selling someone woefully short with a pass.

And how long has he been a professional footballer without someone drilling into his skull the message that if someone's running at you with the ball as a defender you close them down, or shepherd them wide? What you don't do- unless you're Adam El Abd- is back off, and back off, and back off some more, until the striker reaches the edge of the box, from where he can let fly with a beauty. It happens far too often, which is precisely why he can't be due many more chances.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
And how long has he been a professional footballer without someone drilling into his skull the message that if someone's running at you with the ball as a defender you close them down, or shepherd them wide? What you don't do- unless you're Adam El Abd- is back off, and back off, and back off some more, until the striker reaches the edge of the box, from where he can let fly with a beauty. It happens far too often, which is precisely why he can't be due many more chances.

Fair comment edna, but you failed to mention his unsurpassed ability to POLEAXE an opponent with frightening ease. Who needs all this shepherding-the-attacker-wide-namby-pambiness when young Adam has such a potent WEAPON in toolbag? I rest my case.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
El abd the 1st was very handy player to have on the pitch if we were in a battle or a oponent was deemed a danger it would normaly be adam who was tasked with kicking him off the park and taking his booking.

El abd the 2nd after Adams became manager for the 2nd time i noticed a distinct change in adams play,gone were the 30yard sliding tackles and come and have a go if you think your hard enough attitude,to be replaced by a average at best player,Adam needs to be aggresive on the field of play IMO, as his play as it stands atm is simply not good enough.

I can only sumise Adam was told to tone down his aggresiveness by Adams and concentrate on the footballing side of his game,Fair enough i suppose but the best part of Adams game was his fire and willing to chase and win lost causes.

bring back El abd the 1st as El abd the 2nd dosnt work

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here