Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Adam El-Abd

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
SUPERB tonight. Fantastic performance in midfield and a rock in defence.

Virgo as well.

No Hawkins = Clean Sheet. No surprise there.

Good work chaps, El-Abd in particular. :clap: :clap:

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
NSC Patron
Jan 7, 2006
Will Micky keep the same team on Saturday though, only way I can see El-Abd staying in the side is for Johnson to play his natural left midfield position ahead of Macca.

Last edited:

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall
so were hawkins and thomson dropped or rested?

Last edited:

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
NSC Patron
Jan 7, 2006
------------God--------------

Whing Elphick Virgo Richards

Ayinsah Thornton El-Abd Jonhson

Forster Murray

Murray has this 'mysterious' injury, and doesn't look like he's in, so Fleetwood up top and I'd have Cox in for Anyinsah

SittingbourneSeagull

Dec 27, 2007
Sittingbourne
Depends if Virgo is fit as went off last night with a calf strain, but:

Kuipers

Whing Elphick Virgo/Al-Abd Richards

Cox Al-Abd/Thomson Livermore McLeod

Thornton

Forster

Subs: Sullivan, Thomson/Al-Abd, Anysinah, Robinson, Hawkins

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
El Abd should play at the back with Elphick. Hawkins is out of form, Virgo is injured.

It takes a while to recover from a calf strain, so plaease dont play him half fit, it is an insult to the rest of the team.

Livermore did well in the middle of midfield but needs an attacking midfielder next to him. I reckon Livermore/Johnson combo is PERFECT. Both tall, one great at holding, one great at bombing forward. Both comfortable on the ball, both can do the simple passes.

El Abd and Elphick as centre backs is solid enough.

DO IT

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
I though El-Abd was poor to be honest (I'm clearly in the minority here!). Gave away a ridiculous free kick before we went 2-0 up that they very nearly scored from. Also played 3 or 4 passes straight out of play when in midfield. Was better at CB though..

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed
I've got an idea, lets move Johnson away from central midfield where he was quality in the last two league games and gave us the only attacking option from central midfield for YEARS and put him on the left of midfield. :thud: Some of you's are clueless.

Elder for England

Jan 30, 2008
I though El-Abd was poor to be honest (I'm clearly in the minority here!). Gave away a ridiculous free kick before we went 2-0 up that they very nearly scored from. Also played 3 or 4 passes straight out of play when in midfield. Was better at CB though..

I thought the same thing (we are still in the minority). I certainly would'nt describe his game as 'superb' completely OTT. Not great in midfield, bit better in defence.

Elder for England

Jan 30, 2008
I've got an idea, lets move Johnson away from central midfield where he was quality in the last two league games and gave us the only attacking option from central midfield for YEARS and put him on the left of midfield. :thud: Some of you's are clueless.

I agree, he has to play in the centre.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked

I was thinking the same, but Micky does like playing his players in ridiculous positions to shoe horn in centre backs all over the place.

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006
I was thinking the same, but Micky does like playing his players in ridiculous positions to shoe horn in centre backs all over the place.

Personally I dont see whats wrong with a CM pairing of El Abd and Hawkins, with Colin pushing on supporting the goal scoring machine that is Adam Hinshelwood

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here