Eastbourne
Dont knock El- Abd. Good player imo, they all have thier moments

SirDouglasLoft

Jul 4, 2008
I'm not knocking him, he's mustard. But I wouldn't call him our "star defender"

SirDouglasLoft

Jul 4, 2008
Certainly not El-Abd!!

Yes he was OK at Millwall, and wasn't at Wycombe so can't comment, but not good enough to be star player

Whitterz

Mmmmm? Marvellous
Aug 9, 2008
Eastbourne
Virgs gets the vote at the moment:)

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
Dont knock El- Abd. Good player imo, they all have thier moments

You are joking right?

A good player?? He's a disaster.....majority of games he is involved in he makes simple things look so so hard and really poor decisions on a consistant basis.

On top of that, he also fills the entire defence with no confidence and at best is a squad player.

In regards to moments.......unfortunately with El-Abd his moments come most matches!

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
El-abd was a worthy shout for MOTM on Saturday. He has had his moments this season though, not helped by being stuck at left back mind you.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
He is a player often asked to pay out of position, sometimes at short notice, but still puts in a lot of committment, no he isnt the greatest player on the pitch but he is great to have because he can fill in in many places and he is reliable

Soul Finger

May 12, 2004
El-abd was a worthy shout for MOTM on Saturday. He has had his moments this season though, not helped by being stuck at left back mind you.

Yep, he was my MOTM on Saturday.

I like El-Abd.

I know he's prone to an occasional howler, but he's solid - when he has a bit of confidence - and gives absolutely 100% at all times.

He's Albion through and through too.

chickrun

Sep 13, 2006
surrey
he was our best defender on saturday. he will very often not be first choice but i am quite sure we will be grateful for him during the course of the season. i just do not understand those supporters who have decided he is one of the players to slate. this season.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Yep, he was my MOTM on Saturday.

I like El-Abd.

I know he's prone to an occasional howler, but he's solid - when he has a bit of confidence - and gives absolutely 100% at all times.

He's Albion through and through too.

Me too. I wouldn't have him in the starting eleven, but he's great to have in the squad. Definitely a confidence player not helped by the slatings he gets on here.

Seagulls over Essex

Jun 4, 2004
Leigh-on-Sea
Totally agree with Soul Finger's comments, apart from MOTM nominee. IMHO the only other players as committed as Adam are Tommy Elphick (an absolute rock in defence and made 2 terrific passes over to the left wing on Saturday) and Dean Cox (never gives up and my MOTM in most games he plays in).

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
You are joking right?

A good player?? He's a disaster.....majority of games he is involved in he makes simple things look so so hard and really poor decisions on a consistant basis.

On top of that, he also fills the entire defence with no confidence and at best is a squad player.

In regards to moments.......unfortunately with El-Abd his moments come most matches!

I think you're the one that's joking here. Whatever El Abd is, he certainly isn't a disaster.

theonesmith

Oct 27, 2008
I think you're the one that's joking here. Whatever El Abd is, he certainly isn't a disaster.

Our homegrown players always get slated on here though. I'm not really sure what the comparison is. He's still only young isn't he? Aswell as the rest of the majority of our homegrown talent, excluding Virgs..

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here