Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Adam El-Abd- a true 100% merchant

sagaman

Dec 25, 2005
Brighton
Adam never gives less than the proverbial one hundred percent. He is committed to the Albion's cause big time.

When you think that he has played in four positions this season he is one of the most invaluable squad members.

He has never let us down in midfield. Admittedly Crewe were poor but I was really impressed the way that Adam rarely lost the ball. His closing down and tackling was tigerish and then simple lay offs kept our game going nicely

Good luck my friend - your spirit is fantastic

Yeah right, come on NMH, anyone knows this is just another one of your identities!

wait...... I'm NMH....... no way. Must be Adam's Dad.

Really though, well spotted sagaman - all will realise the truth eventually, when AeA leads the team into our new stadium at Falmer, wearing the Captain's armband.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
For committment, there's no one better.

The old cliche of ...shedding blood for the cause... is certainly true of our Adam :eek:)

Unfortunately, he has a habit of giving the ball away in dangerous positions all too often.

But on balance, he's certainly a club player to be proud of I reckon.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Thought he was excellent yesterday.

And don't be fooled by all that 'Crewe had no midfield' bollocks. They had a very competitive midfield that passed the ball around very well, and that Thomson and El-Abd matched quite admirably.

Thankfully they had a shit forward line, and a shaky defence that we were able to take avantage of.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Thought he was excellent yesterday.

And don't be fooled by all that 'Crewe had no midfield' bollocks. They had a very competitive midfield that passed the ball around very well, and that Thomson and El-Abd matched quite admirably.

Thankfully they had a shit forward line, and a shaky defence that we were able to take avantage of.

Their forward line was indeed shocking.

How that pigeon toed , barrel chested excuse for a player they had up front ever gets a game is beyond me. He'd be better of staying at the Vatican ! :lolol:

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
he can't make his traditional short back passes from midfield, so I prefer him there!

seagullsss

Lofts Number 1 Fan!
Jan 1, 2008
yhhh el abd is a great prospect if u think about it hes still only young always gives 110%:bounce:

SEAGULLS TILL I DIE

Jan 6, 2008
i have to disagree with this comment, i would give my right arm to play for brighton and when i watch el-abd play (especially against mansfield) i feel that he couldnt care less about playing for the seagulls! i think he gives around 50% and hes not the best player anyway, dont rate him!

seagullsss

Lofts Number 1 Fan!
Jan 1, 2008
i have to disagree with this comment, i would give my right arm to play for brighton and when i watch el-abd play (especially against mansfield) i feel that he couldnt care less about playing for the seagulls! i think he gives around 50% and hes not the best player anyway, dont rate him!

surprising comment IMO i dont really r8 him as a cb he makes 2 many mistakes but he looks good in the centre of midfield

Mar 10, 2006
Don't think he was the only one who didn't seem to fussed that day. Don't know whether it was just a bad team performance that day or whether the discontent of a few had a knock on effect throughout the team

seagullsss

Lofts Number 1 Fan!
Jan 1, 2008
Don't think he was the only one who didn't seem to fussed that day. Don't know whether it was just a bad team performance that day or whether the discontent of a few had a knock on effect throughout the team

I think it was just an awfull team perforance i think we might have underestimated the oppo

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
The only bad thing about Al-Abd at the moment, is that he didn't chin than *rick Kuipers after the goal at Northampton. Kuipers is such a bully boy to the younger players, and it was nice to he Al-Abd stick up for himself. Shame Kuipers didn't get sent off. WOuldn't have effected the result, and we may have got a proper keeper in the transfer window

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
He did ok and put himself about a bit, but there were a few times yesterday when their midfield had wide open space to run through due to El Abd being out of position. He generally has a good game but with a few glaring errors thrown in. Can't fault his effort or commitment though. We still need another decent centre midfielder.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Crewe have won once away this season and had FIVE players out.

They played ONE up front.

Is it any real surprise El Abd, operating in defensive midfield, had a relatively decent game?

Didn't exactly stop Bopp finding acres of space in the first half either did he?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here