Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Account hacking

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Just had a notification that someone tried to access my account with an incorrect password 5 times and have now been locked out for 15 minutes.

The IP address traces to the university of Wales. Anyone else had similar problems? Anything to be concerned about?

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Just had a notification that someone tried to access my account with an incorrect password 5 times and have now been locked out for 15 minutes.

The IP address traces to the university of Wales. Anyone else had similar problems? Anything to be concerned about?

You need to elaborate. If its your NSC account how can you have access to others IP addresses?

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
I thought that the University of Wales had ceased to exist...the plot thickens!

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
You need to elaborate. If its your NSC account how can you have access to others IP addresses?

Because NSC sends you an email which details the IP address that is trying to access the account. Then just looked it up via Google.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
OK. Pass the details on to Bozza so he or someone clued up can check to see if its a member here or at least be aware of the problem.:)

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
OK. Pass the details on to Bozza so he or someone clued up can check to see if its a member here or at least be aware of the problem.:)

Oooh, you just slagged off our board owner!

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
The most worrying aspect of all this is that the Welsh are now using computers.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Oooh, you just slagged off our board owner!

Wasn't the intent but will take credit for it. :)

While on the subject of dubious behaviour, and I am NOT accussing Bozza here, a few years back my firewall picked up a port scan that traced back to NSC and a server in Brighton. Is there a simple reason for this?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Wasn't the intent but will take credit for it. :)

While on the subject of dubious behaviour, and I am NOT accussing Bozza here, a few years back my firewall picked up a port scan that traced back to NSC and a server in Brighton. Is there a simple reason for this?

NSC has never been hosted on a server in Brighton. Hope this helps.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Cheers, thats where the IP traced to. It was a few years ago so details a bit hazey and if it mattered that much I would have brought it up then.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here