Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Above row Z at Falmer

Sep 1, 2010
Just a thought, but if a wild hack of the ball goes over the stand towards to Falmer station and the ball lands on the line..........bit of a worry or is this being dealt with?

falmer30.jpg

SirDouglasLoft

Jul 4, 2008
If it's high enough to clear row z then I doubt it'll drop quick enough to go on the railway line.

Sep 1, 2010
Tis true, but not impossible. i was wondering if maybe they maybe putting an external netting system in place that's all.

jordanseagull

Feb 11, 2009
That's not even possible. Study the picture for a few seconds, it's not possible for a ball to be kicked that far up and rising over the trees.

Sep 1, 2010
I do not believe there is not a trajectory of a shot that would make it land on the railway line, of course it is possible. A wind would make a difference too

I'd be more worried about it taking out a plane flying towards Gatwick.

The odd microlight pilot is dispensable, of course, but I'd hate to see a game abandoned as a result of carnage over Coldean.

jordanseagull

Feb 11, 2009
I do not believe there is not a trajectory of a shot that would make it land on the railway line, of course it is possible. A wind would make a difference too

Have you ever got off at Falmer station, walked to the ground, and seen it?

It really, really is not possible!

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
There must be other grounds closer to a railway line than ours.

Still. What about the bats?

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Old Trafford, St Andrews and Stamford Bridge are all close to railway lines.
Kidderminster Harriers has steam trains next door - imagine if a stray football was to lodge in the chimney of a locomotive :ohmy:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here