Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A27 to Arundel road works..

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Anyone else get stuck on the A27 this morning?.Took me 2 hours to get through bloody road works.if you have to go that way in the next couple of weeks plan another route.

brightonbrowny

Oct 10, 2008
Anyone else get stuck on the A27 this morning?.Took me 2 hours to get through bloody road works.if you have to go that way in the next couple of weeks plan another route.

I went that way and got to the massive queue of brakelights by 7am. I spotted a few cars diving off down a country lane to miss it all so followed and was lucky by your account! Not sure what's going on or how long they will last - i'll be working from home till they finish.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Me. Took 40 mins to get through - heading westbound at Crossbush lights, then towards Wick. And that was before 7am!

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Thanks.

It's now showing as roadworks until 17 April on the HA map, but only 10 mins delay.

PG

hola gus

Aug 8, 2010
Had a colleague leave Portsmouth at 7am to meet me in Brighton.... He finally turned up at 11am!!!!

spoonie

Apr 19, 2011
Was painful this morning even at 6.30am. hpefully wont be like that for the full 7 weeks

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
The A27 through Arundel has been a nightmare for years. There is probably a very simple answer, but does anyone know why this has still to be resolved? It seems obvious from the satellite view on google earth where the road was meant to go - there is even a bit of road built pointing in the correct direction, yet it still bottlenecks round by Arundel train station.

It seems to me that they have built a temporary fix at Crossbush, which is still there nearly 20 years later.

Hove Seagull

Feb 18, 2008
Havant
Left Winchester at 7.15 this morning. Usual 45 minutes to roundabout just past fontwell where A29 & A27 split, then stuck in traffic until 11.00 because of the roadworks! Got to work in Worthing at 11.15. Bloody nightmare. And it says "For 7 weeks" on the sign!

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
ffs im going to bournemouth for few days on friday,whats the best way

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Have to go back to Portsmouth from Southwick on Sunday.
Looks like Storrington and Amberley will be having the pleasure.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Can anyone suggest a suitable alternative route from Worthing to Winchester (& back), avoiding Arundel please?

Just come back from Chichester,turned down by Fontwell Racecourse,through Barnham/Yapton and along 259 as suggested above.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Just come back from Chichester,turned down by Fontwell Racecourse,through Barnham/Yapton and along 259 as suggested above.

Looks like I'll have to try this for the three upcoming Tuesday night games. Can't get away from work in Chandlers Ford any earlier than 4 / 4.30 and and hour hold up would see me late for the game.

Theatre of Trees

Jul 5, 2003
TQ2905
Can anyone suggest a suitable alternative route from Worthing to Winchester (& back), avoiding Arundel please?

Head north up the A29 at Fontwell, at Whiteways Roundabout head straight across onto the B2139 which will take you to Storrington. Join A283 in Storrington and head east until you get to the junction with the A24 then south to Worthing. Will add about 10 minutes to a normal journey. This is my preferred route from Hove to Chichester which bypasses Lyons Farm and Arundel and is only an extra four miles regarding distance.

Alternatively, head south down the B2233 to Westergate briefly join the A29 then continue on the B road through Barnham and Yapton joining the A259 near Climping. Head east to Littlehampton follow the bypass then north up the A284 to Crossbush and rejoin the A27. It's shorter but you may well meet a lot more traffic using that route and get stuck at the lights rejoining the A27. You could continue on the A259 to Worthing but the section between Littlehampton and Worthing is mainly 30-50 mph limit and can be very slow moving.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here