Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A27 road works

Sorry if already covered but I've heard the road works are a nightmare around Lewes.

Traveling to Eastbourne tomorrow evening around 7 and would appreciate info on whether delays in that direction will be non existant, mild or horrendous.

Sensible replies much appreciated :thumbsup:

Mr Blobby

Jul 14, 2003
In a cave
The A27 is pretty dire at the moment. I only join from the roundabout down from Lewes prison to get to Falmer. This morning I queued from the prison to get on to the A27 and that took about 15 minutes and then it was a bit of a crawl on the A27.

The queue on the otherside heading towards Lewes/Eastbourne looked much much worse and was well beyond the Falmer turning! I have that joy tonight going home!

I have to use the A27 to get to the University so have 4 week of misery!

Not sure what it will be like at 7pm, might be better once the rush hour(s) (probably 4.30-6.30) cleared.

PHCgull

Gus-ambivalent User
Mar 5, 2009
a total naus up that is going to be unbearable for 11 more f***ing weeks! Why did these cvnts not do it in the summer? Are they working at night? I doubt it...

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Were exactly are the road works, and what are they doing ?

One lane is taken away on the eastern side of the kingston roundabout so all traffic coming from Brighton will go down to one lane on the approach to the roundabout. They are repairing the railway bridge I was told

If the thread starter is going to eastbourne from brighton it got to be the coast road which goes right into eastbourne anyway

PHCgull

Gus-ambivalent User
Mar 5, 2009
They regularly do night working on the A27 around Lewes.

The train on the Eastbourne to Brighton service was bang on time this morning, btw. No delays ... as per normal.

Lord B can you divulge the availability of parking near glynde station at all? I WOULD like to get the train to work in Brighton, but train stations pointing south are in short supply in the halland/blackboys area....

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
Barrier repairs; installing an escape gate and railway bridge maintenance. Night work is taking place but some work can only be done in daytime for H & S reasons. Heard all this on BBC Sussex this morning.

stewardxxx

Oct 7, 2008
Brighton
You will be fine leaving at 7 mate

I left bexhill at 7 last night thinking I would be ok but it still added 20 minutes onto my journey time.

I reckon the best bet would be to go round the southerham roundabout through the Cuilfail Tunnel and through that way past the prison as between southerham and kingston roundabouts it goes down to one lane and is a joke.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
How long is this going on for?

And going through Lewes is also a nightmare.

PHCgull

Gus-ambivalent User
Mar 5, 2009
How long is this going on for?

And going through Lewes is also a nightmare.

it helps to read the thread first before posting :thumbsup:

11 weeks sys the argus, 4 weeks say the notices at kingston roundabout. You decide!!

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
From the Highways Agency Website.

Welcome to Traffic England

A27 Eastbound Current Roadworks
On the A27 eastbound between the junctions with the A277 and the A26 North, there are currently delays of 20 mins due to roadworks . Expect disruption until 6:00 am on 18 December 2010.
20 mins delay

:(

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here