Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A23 shut between Patcham and Pyecombe both directions

backson

Registered Mis-user
Jul 26, 2004
And with the London to Brighton bike ride today as well, it's going to be fun driving anywhere today

danwa08

Sep 19, 2010
Two men died in the early hours of Sunday when the car they were travelling in lost control and left the road, according to police.
Two other men in the Peugeot car were treated in hospital before being arrested on suspicion of causing death by dangerous driving following the accident near Brighton, East Sussex.
All four occupants of the car were from London, according to Sussex Police.
The car was being driven southbound on the A23 when it left the road near the A273 junction at Pyecombe, a few minutes after 1am.
The two suspects were taken to the Royal Sussex County Hospital in Brighton, but were not seriously injured.
A police spokesman said: "They were arrested on suspicion of causing death by dangerous driving and remain in police custody this morning.
"The collision impacted on both carriageways and the A23 was closed in both directions at Pyecombe while rescue, recovery and collision investigation work was carried out.
"It was re-opened at 7.25am."

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Sad story. Surely they can't both have been driving, how does that work?

Possibly both arrested for dangerous driving while police wait to take blood samples. I'm sure I read a few years ago that a drunk passenger can be arrested for dangerous driving if it's thought that they were a risk to the safety of the car. I await to be corrected by our resident officers of the law.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Many drive if the other occupants of the car have been drinking. I know that the qualified driver can still be done if over the top but does everybody stick to that religously. I think that many L drivers drive when the qualified driver is very slightly over the top and he/she has had nothing.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sad story. Surely they can't both have been driving, how does that work?

Because neither of them will admit who was driving. You could potentially have every occupant of a vehicle arrested on suspicion if it couldn't be immediately established who was at the wheel. People have been known to lie to police. I know that will shock you all, but it does happen.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Because neither of them will admit who was driving. You could potentially have every occupant of a vehicle arrested on suspicion if it couldn't be immediately established who was at the wheel. People have been known to lie to police. I know that will shock you all, but it does happen.

Ah, I see. For some reason I kinda imagined them having to be cut out of the car by the fire service in which instance it wouldn't been fairly obvious who was driving.

Or ... slightly more innocently ... both of them might have decided that it might be best to await legal advice before either of them say anything.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here