Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A warning to anyone who wants a T-shirt with some naughty rude swear words on it...

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Fine threat over T-shirt slogan

_44055208_pratty203x300.jpg

A man spotted wearing a T-shirt bearing an "offensive" slogan in a city centre has been warned he risks an £80 fine if he is caught again. Forklift driver David Pratt was told by street wardens in Peterborough he could cause offence or incite violence. The slogan on the garment read: "Don't piss me off! I am running out of places to hide the bodies."

Peterborough City Council said using insulting or offensive language was an offence, even if it appeared in print. Mr Pratt, 46, an American living in Peterborough, was approached by the wardens as he waited for a bus with his wife Elly.

"It is insane. I have worn it in the city centre hundreds of times", said Mr Pratt, whose wife bought him the T-shirt in Venice Beach, California. "Most people who see it just chuckle. Some people have even stopped me to tell me they like my T-shirt. We have put this incident online on several blogs and 90% of people who have commented said they found it hilarious or that I should have the right to wear it wherever I like."

Asked whether he would wear the T-shirt again, Mr Pratt replied: "I am wearing it now. If I get a written apology I will wear it in the city centre again. It's a bummer because I like the shirt, but I am trying to get citizenship but if I get a fine I can kiss citizenship goodbye. I really don't see how the wording on my T-shirt could incite violence - it's humour, that's all it is."

In a statement, Peterborough City Council said: "The incident is the subject of an official complaint to the council and is currently under investigation. "However, using offensive, abusive, or insulting language is an offence under the Public Order Act, which also applies to such language appearing in print. In what was an amicable conversation, the street warden advised the gentleman concerned that his T-shirt could cause offence and if he was to wear it again he could run the risk of being issued an £80 on-the-spot fine from the police."

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Better cancel the order for those f*** OFF YOU MESS shirts Alan

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Replace them with ones that say;

Front; "Think of the children.." Back; "of MILE OAK"

Or

"Frank f***ed my Mum, and all I got was this lousy T-shirt."

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
I'd ban him for having a face that ''could cause offence or incite violence''.

Ugly American git, go home. :bigwave::bigwave::bigwave:

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
To be fair, he does look like a serial killer. Someone might not get the joke...

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
I don't exactly hold the moral high ground but why should you be allowed to walk round with that on your shirt for young kids to read?

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I might be more sympathetic if the t-shirt was actually funny, as opposed to bearing the sort of slogan people display on car stickers, as if trying to show the world how wacky they are...

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
It's definitley the mullet I find most offensive.

As to the t-shirt, well, I guess it's like those people who think it's really wacky having a 'You don't have to be mad to work here...' sticker/poster on the wall behind them at work.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Or people who think a rolleyes logo under their post is funny, followed by exclamation marks !!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here