A view from their manager

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
3902295010_c00a3b3c70.jpg

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
A case could be made when Dickinson and Forster were still with us. Not now though.

bright1064

Dec 21, 2007
Brighton
To say the scoreline didn't reflect the game just about sums the idiot up. We played them off the park. I think he should stick to the magic sponge in future!

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
The scoreline didn't reflect the game.

After 6 minutes, it was all Tranmere and then we scored!
For the rest of the match, we deserved to score about 6.

porkypie

On the road to no where
Oct 31, 2009
Button Moon
If there keeper did not make two great saves in the last 5mins it would of been 5-0, what game was that cock watching, can see why they are going down with that numpty in charge!

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

jezzer

Jul 18, 2003
eastbourne
I thought Tranmere were the dirtiest team ive seen at withdean in a long while, they didnt want to play the ball just kick the players and then their manager says they didnt get the rub from the ref, what a prat!! There was a few mins at 2-0 when they had a couple of half chances but our defending was too good and the rest of the game it was all us, blokes a complete numpty. I`d be in despair if he was our manager after watching that bunch of choppers.

Fef

Rock God.
Feb 21, 2009
Poor thing. He's trying to make it sound good for his fans and his board, but having seen the goals and the foul on Calderon again on TV, he should feel quite embarrassed this morning. (He likes his press conferences, doesn't he?)

jezzer

Jul 18, 2003
eastbourne
And hes got a bloody cheek moaning about our players going down too easily and trying to fool the ref, what about Baz Savage`s swooning!! wally.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
The Manager told said: "When they scored their goal that was the first time they'd come in our half. We started well, but we gave them all three goals. We dropped off too deep in the first half, let them play in front of us and made them look good. We addressed that in the second half and then I thought we did ok.

"The first goal we were attacking, we gave the ball away and hey presto it's a goal. The second one Paul McLaren tried a ball he shouldn't have tried, they get the ball, break down and we get it back with Andy Robinson. He then gives it away and they put the ball in and score again. For the third one young Ben tried a ball inside and so we've presented them with that as well

What a clown.

I don't get what point he's trying to make here. They gave the ball to us three times and we walked the ball into the net with no esistance from their players - that's not unlucky, it's called being a shit football team.

Total clown.

Our fans back home will look at a 3-0 scoreline and think we've been taken to the cleaners

You were, and we didn't even need to get out of first gear to do it.

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
The fact is we played them off the park 95% of the time, the foul on Calderon was dirty and I think most people would go down after a challenge like that, and a 3-0 scoreline was a fair score and had our chances gone in at the end it could have been 5, easily.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Tranmere only had two shots, both of which were off target. We had 10. I have not seen the Albion dominate a team so completely since Yeovil last season. He really needs a reality check.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Posted on 606. Seems a bit more clued up than Parry.

comment by Tengullenhat (U7028517)
posted 5 Hours Ago

Having endured the outrageous facility that is Withdean Stadium (how on Earth have Brighton fans put up with that monstrosity of a place for so long?) I was then treated to one of the most dire performances from a Rovers side I have witnessed all season.

To be fair to the home side, we were totally outplayed and outclassed on the day, and this came to a head when Robinson made, what can only be described as, a totally outrageous tackle, and thoroughly deserved his marching orders. In the end we were actually fortunate to escape with just a 3-0 scoreline, in a match that highlighted just how badly we need someone at the helm who knows what they are doing.

Just to compound my thinking, I arrived home to discover the most amazing comments from LP written on the Rovers' website. Was that really him at the match yesterday? From his words, he must have somewhere else, because I found it quite incredulous that he should even try to say we stood a chance against a thoroughly organised and vastly improving Brighton side. He even states that we gifted them their goals and that the Robinson red card was dubious.

Our so-called manager has now completely lost it, and is simply resorting to cover his own imperfections by contemning the oppositions' style and supposed good fortune.

If we manage to escape the drop it will be a total miracle, and not down to the efforts of someone who should never have been made the boss in the first place.

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
Don't worry - I went with 2 Tranmere fans. They were embarrassed by their performance. Afterwards they were saying it was depressing because they couldn't even blame the ref! We saw the Tranmere Chairman very briefly after the game, and he didn't look a happy bunny.

jezzer

Jul 18, 2003
eastbourne
Ive watched the foul on bbc i player from last nights footie prog and it was horrendous, lucky he didnt break calderons leg and the player didnt have the class to accept it either, shame on him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here