Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] A true Brighton & Hove Albion pub

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Last Saturday I found myself in Jurgen's Bar down by the docks in Liverpool. It's a cavernous place and bedecked in Liverpool FC flags, murals etc. A shrine to the reds.

I know we have a fair few Albion pubs and Brett probably flies the flag the most at The Caxton, but why is there no city centre pub totally dedicated to the Albion in the same way as Jurgen's bar. The Seven Stars in Ship Street was where the Albion was founded, but you'd be hard pushed to find much reference to us in there.

Is there some hiddien gem somewhere? I'm not talking about Dick's bar or just the regular pubs around the station here. I'm talking about a pub that has blue and white running through it. A pub that has a mural of Alan Mullery, Stuart Storer, Robbie Reinelt, Steve Foster, and RDZ on the wall. I'm talking a pub with pictures of the Goldstone, the Withdean and the Amex. A pub that is bedecked with shirts, and not in some sterile corporate way. More a fan's pub. A homage to the club.

Have I missed it? Is it out there? I know the Caxton is brilliant, but is there anything else? Is there even room for it or demand for it?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
The Caxton does very well at this IMO. Brett's got a lot of Albion memorabilia on the walls and it seems to be the go to place for Japanese TV crews and interviewing fans before Europa League games.

A lot of the other pubs near the station have dedicated regulars. More lairy lads in the Bell, CAMRA types in the Evening Star, good mixed crowds in the Albert and Battle.

I don't think there's a need for another personally.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here