Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A Thread full of CLEVER Music Videos

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
well go on..........

The songs dont have to be the best, but the music video has to get you thinking and slightly miffed as to how they pulled that out the bag.

I'll start with this from David Ford *

[yt]NVky7hwuebU[/yt]

* who can be seen live on Saturday night, Audio, 7pm for the Charity FOOTYAID Gig :bigwave:

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
This takes some beating:

Rockit by Herbie Hancock. Great tune made all the better by Godley and Creme (pioneers in great music videos and also of 10cc fame)
[yt]S7dAxvj2mlU[/yt]

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Or this beauty by the world's greatest ever band. I believe that Anton Corbijn directed it but could be wrong. Either way this is possibly the most beautiful song with a blinding video that could sit quite easily in the Tate Modern:

New Order - True Faith
[yt]og1HAkjOuL0[/yt]

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
And this is rather clever but you have to watch it all to appreciate it.

Bentley Rhythm Ace - Bentley's gonna sort you out (from the beloved Skint label no less)

[yt]3IWl77o3l50[/yt]

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
And this has been done a few times in videos (Bomfunk MCs - Freestyler comes to mind) but Roni Size does it better with his superb DnB track Brown Paper Bag

[yt]b4n0iUtWEwY[/yt]

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
someone HAS to put this up haven't they

[yt]lU2AVp6uFDw[/yt]

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
This takes some beating:

Rockit by Herbie Hancock. Great tune made all the better by Godley and Creme (pioneers in great music videos and also of 10cc fame)
[yt]S7dAxvj2mlU[/yt]

That is awful.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
That is awful.

What a surprise. Tell me, what was it you disliked about the video? Was it the thought of robots doing household chores and putting you out of work?

For your information, the video was ground-breaking. Filmed in 1984 in the infancy of music videos as an art form, it won no less than 5 MTV video awards. It also was one of the very first music videos to show a black American on MTV.

I think it stands the test of time as a classic.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here