Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A thought regarding St John's Ambulance Fee's

Jimbo.GRFC

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Got talking last night with a friend and the conversation came around to clubs in or using administration as an option. One thing we did agree on is the despicable behaviour of clubs not paying the decent, loyal work of the St John's Ambulance Service.

Our agreed suggestion is that these loyal, honest people should be paid up front before the game. Heavens, as if they wouldn't turn up !! If you dont pay, then you dont play and all points or cup passage should be given to the away team. I think you'll find that these teams will soon pay up given that ultimatum.

The treatment of these people sickens me to the core, 2 for example, Leeds and Portsmouth, as fans you should at least do your moral duty and hold a collection for their services. Pay them up and Pay them up now

RANT OVER !! :angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
It did occur to us last Saturday that if one of the Pompey players sustained an injury that required stretchering off, the ladies and gents manning the stretcher on the sidelines should refuse to go on...

Jimbo.GRFC

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
It's St John Ambulance, not John's!!!!!

You my friend are making yourself really silly with that comment, given the context of the quote I made, my question has to be why did you bother even typing that dribble ??

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
I may be wrong but think Leeds fans held a collection to cover the ammounts SJA were owed.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
My mum did a few duties with St John Ambulance at the Goldstone, including the FA Cup game against Man City, don't know if they were paid for the honour but my brother and I did get into the ground for free! Seriously though, these are people who volunteer to provide first aid cover, without them it is unlikely that games could go ahead. It makes me seethe when clubs like Leeds take the mickey and get out of paying for cover, then pay a few pence in the pound when in administration.

Yoda

English & European
You my friend are making yourself really silly with that comment, given the context of the quote I made, my question has to be why did you bother even typing that dribble ??

Having been a member of St. John for many years until recently, it pisses me off SO many people can't say/write the name properly.

Yoda

English & European
My mum did a few duties with St John Ambulance at the Goldstone, including the FA Cup game against Man City, don't know if they were paid for the honour but my brother and I did get into the ground for free! Seriously though, these are people who volunteer to provide first aid cover, without them it is unlikely that games could go ahead. It makes me seethe when clubs like Leeds take the mickey and get out of paying for cover, then pay a few pence in the pound when in administration.

The actual people on duty don't get paid, but the organization (i.e. St. John Sussex) does get paid for the provision of cover. There are few who work for St. John during the week providing abulance cover & patient transport for Sussex Ambulance Service as their job (my brother being one), but don't get paid for duties (like at Withdean)

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Why's he making himself look silly? You made a mistake, he, politely, corrected you. It's how we learn, so try and be a bit more adult about it in future instead of just hurling insults at him. I notice it's not the first time you've been rude to other users in this way.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
The actual people on duty don't get paid, but the organization (i.e. St. John Sussex) does get paid for the provision of cover.

I knew the volunteers didn't get paid, I am sure my mum never got anything more than satisfaction for a good job done, I wasn't sure whether their branch received anything...bearing in mind it was a long time ago!

Deanbha

Mar 27, 2008
Living in the real world.
Why's he making himself look silly? You made a mistake, he, politely, corrected you. It's how we learn, so try and be a bit more adult about it in future instead of just hurling insults at him. I notice it's not the first time you've been rude to other users in this way.

The bloke randomly attacks people for no reason, me and beach hut the other day!

Jimbo.GRFC

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
The actual people on duty don't get paid, but the organization (i.e. St. John Sussex) does get paid for the provision of cover. There are few who work for St. John during the week providing abulance cover & patient transport for Sussex Ambulance Service as their job (my brother being one), but don't get paid for duties (like at Withdean)

Yoda, firstly you have gone way off track with my post, apart from a spelling error of one letter you are straight on here like some prize twat. If you read my post my point was that teams across the leagues should pay up front so that the likes of Leeds and Portsmouth can't raise their ugly heads (no collection was done from Leeds fans by the way Surrey Jim - litigation is still ongoing).

Then this little cherub from you,,,,absolutely amazing

You seem somewhat eluded to the point I was making, I know their staff are volunteers, but how do they have ambulances, pay insurance, fill the tank etc, its through donations and these clubs have chosen to shaft them.. For the record I got one letter wrong as you couldn't wait to point out, take your pick from abulance. I'm checking my dictionary now.

Just for the record why are they called St John Ambulance whilst they are based in St John's Lane, not a dig but just a question to you who appear to be in the know ?? I for one and probably many more have always referred to and always will do as The St JOHN'S Ambulance Service

Last edited:

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset

has anyone else noticed that since we switched to the new version of the bulletin board the wrap around facility is occassionally repeating the last word on a line as the first word on the next line - as in here with Man City on the original post** - but doesn't do it when you quote that post. Noticed it quite often lately

** post#8

there you go - now isn't that much more interesting than a discussion of why this thread , standing out from all others, should not be allowed to deviate from the track the original poster had in mind :)

Last edited:

Jimbo.GRFC

Banned
Apr 2, 2010

I refer you to my response..............My god it was a serious point I was making then ,lo and behold out come the keyboard warriors. I really cant see an argument here, I know as most people do that the organisation is run by volunteers, my point as was clearly stated was that if the clubs didnt pay them up front, then they dont show and the game will be officially off. These volunteers deserve more respect than the 2 clubs I have mentioned previously deserve to be treated in this way. Argue that then you should be BANNED !!

Last edited:

Jimbo.GRFC

Banned
Apr 2, 2010

Gully, exactly the point I was making however there are some idiots on here. You saw my comment for how it was meant, why then does someone pull you up because you miss a letter "s" out. It beggars belief some of the turds on here

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I'm opening myself up to a flaming here but my experiences of SJA mean I'd rather wait for a Sussex Paramedic. Rarely have I met such a bunch of dozy, unaware individuals. I know they're a charity and people give their time for free etc etc etc BUT on three occasions at Withdean, stewards have had to step in and use their own emergency first aid training because the SJA people were faffing about. You might as well employ the Scouts to do the work ( and I'm not dissing Scouts in that statement ! ).

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
It did occur to us last Saturday that if one of the Pompey players sustained an injury that required stretchering off, the ladies and gents manning the stretcher on the sidelines should refuse to go on...

it occurs to me they should just not turn up if the fee's are unpaid. as i understand it the game cannot go ahead without medical cover, which would certainly focus the mind of the club.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here