Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A Test for you

Aadam

Resident Plastic
Feb 6, 2012
I hope this is not GCSE level. I didn't do too well on the middle English lesson. Ashamed to admit I got 39%

Aadam

Resident Plastic
Feb 6, 2012
Do you mind me asking what you got? I will try the others tomorrow when I'm not so tired (not that this is an excuse).

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
Not the tiny test one expects to be posted on NSC. Did the 1st one. All correct. Long time since I did any long division.
And crikey, I got taught english in those 70s/80s years when you heard nothing about grammer or sentence structure.
Still so far maths - 100%, english 82%

and now science. 84%

I'd say those were pretty hard, and chapeau to anyone who gets over 60 without any cheating.

Last edited:

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Do you mind me asking what you got? I will try the others tomorrow when I'm not so tired (not that this is an excuse).

I haven't tried them yet. Just found the email and thought I would share. Clicked on the science one a few minutes before I posted. Really tempting to look up a flower makeup, but shall not. Will attack tomorrow afternoon.

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
Didn't even bother with the maths cos I'm crap & am embarrased to say only managed 54% on the English. That was enough.

Kaiser_Soze

Who is Kaiser Soze??
Apr 14, 2008
62% on Science and English for me. Looked at the Maths one and decided against it!

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed
I hope this is not GCSE level. I didn't do too well on the middle English lesson. Ashamed to admit I got 39%

I think it's a variation. I was taught some of the stuff in there at GCSE, but probably more of it at A level. At least that's what my memory is telling me. Some of it I've never touched upon at all.

I got 72%. Swerved the Maths and Science ones!

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I think it's a variation. I was taught some of the stuff in there at GCSE, but probably more of it at A level. At least that's what my memory is telling me. Some of it I've never touched upon at all.

I got 72%. Swerved the Maths and Science ones!

I've only just put two and two together (I haven't attacked the maths yet). I think I might have kicked you off the bowling green, in Preston Park, the other day.

Nothing personal. I'd do things differently if I were the park manager. I think it was you as I recognised a mess of blonde hair from an REMF football tournament. May not have been you.

gully is my god

Apr 13, 2011
Hove
English 90
Maths 76
Science 94

Maths let me down...some sloppy mental maths

But the information is the identical to what I learnt at school.

The science one even uses the same diagrams we were given. (finished 6th form 2008 plus I am at uni doing chemistry)

So big advantage compared with some other people on here.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Only done the first one, got 88%. Can't understand the answer to number 7b though:
Question 7 asked what the next term and the nth term would be in the sequence 1, 2, 4, 8, 16, 32.

You answered:
A: 64
B: 2^n/2

The correct answers are
A: 64
B: 2(n-1) (note, I've cut and pasted that, it showed as 2 to the power of n-1)

If it was 2(n-1) and n was 1 (the first term), then according to the answer, 2(1-1) = 1. How does that work?
I thought it was 2 to the power of n, all over 2. Works for me.

Last edited:

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
Stopped at ' vulgar fractions ' as felt rather at home there !!

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
You can have all the academic qualifications in the world,but it is useless without common sense!
When I was on the oil rigs ,we had a boatload of students from various colleges in Cambridge who came out for a fact finding jaunty...they put on their lifejackets...back to front...inside out...or just hung them over their shoulder.:ffsparr:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here