Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A strange disinterest.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
I don't know what it is but football just isn't interesting me at the moment. Does anybody else go through phases like this? Sometimes I love it and can't get enough but other times I'm just not arsed at.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Les Biehn said:
I don't know what it is but football just isn't interesting me at the moment. Does anybody else go through phases like this? Sometimes I love it and can't get enough but other times I'm just not arsed at.

You should have come to Millwall on Tuesday night Les. You would have been cured in an instant.

vinrouge1968

Banned
Nov 29, 2006
Les Biehn said:

Yes lots. Especially when I hear footballers whinging on and on about playing too much and how £100k a week isnt enough.........f***ing tossers. Danny Baker is right. They are the tarts, we are the stupid punters.......

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I know what you mean. I am having some trouble to motivate myself to watch a whole game on TV. I usually switch over and watch something else, whereas in the past I would be glued to the screen, whether it be England vs Holland or Puddle Town vs Newick Warriors.

Football in general is getting to a crossroads. A European Superleague is in the offing and David Dein is delighted at how G14 has helped football. (Sure!)

But then these negative feelings subside when I see the young team rush out of the tunnel at Withers and Dean Wilkins skip towards the dugout. That is what football is really about. Local lads playing for their local team - win, lose or draw.

Falmer is getting me down and I worry for our future, but we must stay strong.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Even with the Albion though. Like Tuesday I knew we were playing but couldn't even be arsed to listen to it on the radio. It wasn't until about 10.30 I suddenly remebered I hadn't checked the result. Usually if I'm not at a game I will always listen on the radio.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I have to say apart from the Albion and competitive England games I'm not really that interested in football. Last Sunday I spent all day waiting impatiently for the big game; no, not Man U v Chelsea but Chicago v New England. For me as a general sport football comes fourth after Gridiron, international Rugby Union and Cricket. As a general rule in all those sports I can quite happily watch two teams I don't give a toss about just for the sheer enjoyment of the game, whereas in football anything other than an Albion or England game bores me rigid.

I've felt like this for a few years now and for a number of reasons.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Brovian said:
I have to say apart from the Albion and competitive England games I'm not really that interested in football. Last Sunday I spent all day waiting impatiently for the big game; no, not Man U v Chelsea but Chicago v New England. For me as a general sport football comes fourth after Gridiron, international Rugby Union and Cricket. As a general rule in all those sports I can quite happily watch two teams I don't give a toss about just for the sheer enjoyment of the game, whereas in football anything other than an Albion or England game bores me rigid.

I would say especially England games bore me rigid.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Brovian said:

I thought that when I was watching NFL on Sunday. I can easily watch any game of NFL even when Tampa aren't involved but I cant be arsed watching any other football games than when Brighton are involved.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
My old man is a massive Chelsea fan, has been all his life. He got back from the pub last night and said how deathly bored he is with watching his own team, even when they win.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
This is going to get on some peoples GOAT but I must admit when MM was in charge back end of last season and the beginning of this season I was extremely apathetic. It was the first time that had ever happened. And yes I am including Gillingham :bla: :bla :bla:

But I have got the BHA bug again.

As for the rest of football it can f*** right off. Especially the Premier and Champions league.

Alice Band Utd v Overpaid Pansies City? No thanks.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Les Biehn said:
I would say especially England games bore me rigid.
Yeah they bore me as well, but at least I'm watching for a reason - I want England to win. As sporting 'spectacles' go though I agree: it's like watching paint dry.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Tony Meolas Loan Spell said:
This is going to get on some peoples GOAT but I must admit when MM was in charge back end of last season and the beginning of this season I was extremely apathetic. It was the first time that had ever happened. And yes I am including Gillingham :bla: :bla :bla:

But I have got the BHA bug again.

As for the rest of football it can f*** right off. Especially the Premier and Champions league.

Alice Band Utd v Overpaid Pansies City? No thanks.

I feel exactly the same......end of last season and beginning of this was the first time in 42 years of watching the Albion, that I was thinking of calling it a day.

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
Les Biehn said:

Yep I know how you feel. I think the whole country is still on a huge comedown after the World Cup SHAM.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
We are being force fed too much and people are seeing what the premiership players are really about.

Book Sales (As of October 2006)

1) Gerrard by Steven Gerrard: 76,459
2) My Story So Far by Wayne Rooney: 36,973
3) Totally Frank by Frank Lampard: 26,662
4) Rio: My Story by Rio Ferdinand: 7,651
5) My Defence by Ashley Cole: 3,128.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Barrel of Fun said:

4) Rio: My Story by Rio Ferdinand: 7,651
5) My Defence by Ashley Cole: 3,128.

Those sales figures are ace.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Les Biehn said:
Those sales figures are ace.

It brought a warm fuzzy feeling.

There were some updated figures in the Observer, but I can't find them. The figures are pretty much the same, except Gerrard has broken through the 100k barrier.

Shame Rio and Ash got paid beforehand, rather than performance related - but what's new!?

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Les Biehn said:

I kind of feel like that but the impending unemployment is a factor its true.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here