Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

a serious question ref what if Bloom had not had the money for the ground

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
After reading we want falmer.....and seen that Dick Knight spent 13 millon on legal fees etc for Falmer that hit him hard and with the credit crunch and banks not lending.

My question is what would off the club done if Bloom had not been there ??????

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
images[1].jpg Still be here. :cry:

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
After reading we want falmer.....and seen that Dick Knight spent 13 millon on legal fees etc for Falmer that hit him hard and with the credit crunch and banks not lending.

My question is what would off the club done if Bloom had not been there ??????
Then I doubt if Falmer would have happened.

rool

Jul 10, 2003
I remember that some posters on here were shot down in flames for even suggesting that there was any difficulty in getting the finance in place.

Thankfully we don't need to contemplate what would have happened because it probably really is unthinkable.

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
I reckon Falmer would have happened but it would have been greatly scaled back cost cutting everywhere.

gjh1971

May 7, 2007
Wasnt it to be built and open in stages over a few years, with the West Stand being the first stand originally?

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
I don't believe that Falmer would have happened at all without Bloom. I believe they were confident of doing a deal with a Bank. They couldn't have predicted what happened with the mortgage crisis.

Lets face it, we are extremely lucky to have Bloom at the helm.

AMEXican Wave

AMEX Ruffian
Sep 21, 2010
I remember that some posters on here were shot down in flames for even suggesting that there was any difficulty in getting the finance in place.

Thankfully we don't need to contemplate what would have happened because it probably really is unthinkable.

I think that the people shooting the flames knew about Bloom but it couldn't be mentioned.

Posters were saying that there would be a problem getting the bank finance, and were being shot down by those in the know. So the whilst those in the know were correct that finance wouldn't be a problem, they were arguing that finance from the bank wouldn't be a problem - clearly incorrectly - simply because they couldn't mention Tony.

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
If it weren't for Dick Tight the potless pillock, Falmer would have been done and dusted by 2005, ok, 2008 at the latest. And we'd already be in Europe.

And the biggest transport headache would all the poo from the unicorns pulling the charabancs.

Why am I so sure? I know this, because I read Ernest's posts. The rest of you are resolutely setting your faces against the Fountain of Truth.

Fef

Rock God.
Feb 21, 2009
If it weren't for Dick Tight the potless pillock, Falmer would have been done and dusted by 2005, ok, 2008 at the latest. And we'd already be in Europe.

And the biggest transport headache would all the poo from the unicorns pulling the charabancs.

Why am I so sure? I know this, because I read Ernest's posts. The rest of you are resolutely setting your faces against the Fountain of Truth.

I must apologise for not following the wisdom of our soothsaying guru, but I still believe that if it wasn't for both Tony and Dick, we'd be up a certain well-known creek without adequate means of propulsion.

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
I must apologise for not following the wisdom of our soothsaying guru, but I still believe that if it wasn't for both Tony and Dick, we'd be up a certain well-known creek without adequate means of propulsion.

I'd add Martin Perry to that list as well. Worked tirelessly on the project from the minute he came in and never gave up even after some of the setbacks.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here