Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A right(back) problem

Deano has a right(back) problem for Saturday's game - who should he play?

• El-Abd

Votes: 16 26.7%
  • Hinsh

Votes: 11 18.3%
  • Mini Hinsh (Paul)

Votes: 20 33.3%
  • Tommy Fraser

Votes: 5 8.3%
  • Other

Votes: 8 13.3%

• Total voters

:J)

Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Deano has a right(back) problem for Saturday's game. With no Whing, Hart or Reid available - who should he play? Could even be worth offering Jean-Michel Kipre a short-term contract to prove himself?

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Is Kipre actually still here? I'd genuinely forgotten about him.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Joel Lynch?

Del Boy

Oct 1, 2004
Hinsh rb
Lynch cb
Butters cb
Mayo lb

or

keep current centre back pairing and have El-Abd at rb

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I've gone for Hinsh Jr, but in reality will settle for whoever from the reserves / youth DW thinks is ready to step up. Fraser will presumably retain his midfield place anyway as Bowditch is unavailable.

After the run we have had it would seem foolish to move big Hinsh or El-Abd from where they are [that seems to be what Wilkins thinks too, from the quote in the Argus].

Can little Elphick not play right-back?

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Adam Hinshlewood is a very good centre back but has never looked as good at full back, so why move him? Also it means 2 left footed centre backs.

Surely put El-Abd back there, move Fraser into his natural position of holding midfield and either Hart or Frutos to come in?

Or even more revelotionary give Paul Hinshlewood his debut in his position of right back?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Virgo's Haircut said:
I'd go for

El Abd - Butters - Hinsh - Lynch

That would then require Mayo to fill El-Abd's role in midfield though. I would rather not mess with the central defence or midfield at all.

Either promote the youth [hasn't done us any harm so far], or stick Lynch at right back and tell him to get on with it. He's a decent play, he'd be fine.

:J)

Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Fourteenth Eye said:
Mini hinsh for me with his big bro guiding him thru the game

That's what I went for as well...

Hinsh - Hinsh - Butters - Lynch
Cuthbert - Dibble and Grubb!

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
I'd prefer them to play with as many of the winning team in their positions as possible meaning bringing Paul Hinshelwood into the side to play alongside his brother. Never change a winning team.

Also surely it's best to give a debut to a youngster in a successful side against lesser opposition?

Whatever happens, I trust Wilkins, which is a nice feeling.

rool

Jul 10, 2003
This may be a silly question but isn't mayo right footed?

Could he be experienced enough anyway to play RB and stick Lynch at LB.

Virgo's Haircut

Resident Train Guru
Jul 5, 2003
On a train...
hans kraay fan club said:
That would then require Mayo to fill El-Abd's role in midfield though. I would rather not mess with the central defence or midfield at all.

Either promote the youth [hasn't done us any harm so far], or stick Lynch at right back and tell him to get on with it. He's a decent play, he'd be fine.

Good point, I forgot about El Abd in midfield.

So...

Hinsh - Butters - Lynch - Mayo?

Uncle Buck said:
Adam Hinshlewood is a very good centre back but has never looked as good at full back, so why move him? Also it means 2 left footed centre backs.

Surely put El-Abd back there, move Fraser into his natural position of holding midfield and either Hart or Frutos to come in?

But most people judge the El Abd switch a qualified success, so why disrupt that?

Don't you think he's done surprisingly well?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here