Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A question for MYOB and Rex Cathedra

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Whilst we're waiting for the fixtures to come out and for some more transfer speculation I thought I'd pass a bit of time by asking you both why you support Brighton? Unless I've missed something you're an Irishman and an American with (afaik) no family ties to Brighton, so why did you choose us? You're obviously not glory hunters and even if you HAVE got family ties surely with a bit more digging you could have found a more glamorous club?

I'd be interested to know the reasons - not that I'm complaining mind as we need all the fans we can get.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
MYOB supports Brighton because of Liam Brady.

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
The bigger question is why most of us that do have links to Brighton support them.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
MYOB supports Brighton because of Liam Brady.
Blimey is that true? Why doesn't he support Arsenal then? Surely that would be a more logical choice.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Blimey is that true? Why doesn't he support Arsenal then? Surely that would be a more logical choice.

:shrug:

As he's a a friend of mine, I can certainly confirm that it's true. Why us rather than Arsenal, I've no idea I'm afraid.

Whilst we're waiting for the fixtures to come out and for some more transfer speculation I thought I'd pass a bit of time by asking you both why you support Brighton? Unless I've missed something you're an Irishman and an American with (afaik) no family ties to Brighton, so why did you choose us? You're obviously not glory hunters and even if you HAVE got family ties surely with a bit more digging you could have found a more glamorous club?

I'd be interested to know the reasons - not that I'm complaining mind as we need all the fans we can get.

Blimey, I thought I was bored...

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
The bigger question is why most of us that do have links to Brighton support them.
The man on the left was the main reason i became a fan, his partnership with Ian 'Spider' Mellor was fantastically exciting and for me highlighted the most exciting era in Brighton's history which culminated in the FA Cup final. If I was starting out as a football fan today I doubt I would be a Brighton fan unless there was a strong family influence. a few months ago my 5 yr old son told me he supported Chelsea because his friend did. I said he had to support Brighton when he asked why I said because i am your dad and I said so, he has compromised by saying he supports Brighton and Chelsea

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
1: Brady was in charge at the time
2: Intense media coverage even here about Archer/Bellotti
3: The Albion were the default team in Ultimate Soccer Manager for some reason.

1+2+3 on an impressionable kid = something which now costs me thousands of euro...

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
The man on the left was the main reason i became a fan, his partnership with Ian 'Spider' Mellor was fantastically exciting and for me highlighted the most exciting era in Brighton's history which culminated in the FA Cup final. If I was starting out as a football fan today I doubt I would be a Brighton fan unless there was a strong family influence. a few months ago my 5 yr old son told me he supported Chelsea because his friend did. I said he had to support Brighton when he asked why I said because i am your dad and I said so, he has compromised by saying he supports Brighton and Chelsea

But in two years time when we have Falmer, and Abramovich has thrown all his toys out 'cos he STILL hasn't won the Champions League,and Chelski slip back to where they came from (13,000 crowds in the 1980s) your son will ONLY support Brighton!

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
I'm more interested why Mr and Mrs Leeds-supporting Starry are still around. Apart from to point out how they are "considerably richer than yow."

after anastasia died we made a lot of good friends who post here and i pop here to keep up with them, that and certain.other.posters have a hard on for leeds and depending on how incorrect their facts are i like to chime in and stir the pot. so boredom mostly or ignoring stuff i should be doing which i suspect is why most people are here. mrs starry doesn't come here any more, too painful. i think maybe she post one this year.

and the nfl thread last season was top notch, looking forward to it again this season. more sense here than from a lot of the androids on nfluk.

Lush

Mods' Pet
after anastasia died we made a lot of good friends who post here and i pop here to keep up with them, that and certain.other.posters have a hard on for leeds and depending on how incorrect their facts are i like to chime in and stir the pot. so boredom mostly or ignoring stuff i should be doing which i suspect is why most people are here. mrs starry doesn't come here any more, too painful. i think maybe she post one this year.

and the nfl thread last season was top notch, looking forward to it again this season. more sense here than from a lot of the androids on nfluk.

Fair dos.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I'm pretty sure Gyuriba's real. I think he did say why he supported the Albion in one thread but I can't be arsed to search for it.

His dumass big-faced bastard is my insult of choice wherever he's from.

I know why Rex Cathedra supports Brighton but I think he should tell you himself.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
:shrug:

As he's a a friend of mine, I can certainly confirm that it's true. Why us rather than Arsenal, I've no idea I'm afraid.

MYOB is a good lad, came over for the play of final and I met up with him when I used to go to Intel in Ireland. Like Frutos I never got a satisfactory answer on why it was us and not the Arse ....

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
1: Brady was in charge at the time
2: Intense media coverage even here about Archer/Bellotti
3: The Albion were the default team in Ultimate Soccer Manager for some reason.

1+2+3 on an impressionable kid = something which now costs me thousands of euro...
Well fair play to you. Do your friends (the Irish ones that is) think you're barking mad?

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
But in two years time when we have Falmer, and Abramovich has thrown all his toys out 'cos he STILL hasn't won the Champions League,and Chelski slip back to where they came from (13,000 crowds in the 1980s) your son will ONLY support Brighton!

That is my dream

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here