Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A pleasing point

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
A lot of negativity on the board criticising individuals and the general performance last night, I think it was a very good and pleasing point.

Gillingham are fighting for their League One lives and were in desperate need for the points whereas we had very little to play for, they also have a fine home record, not many teams go there and win so a point on the face of it is a very decent result.

:clap:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Maybe but 2 points from 4 games is a pretty shit return

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
It feels like a defeat to me if i'm honest.

Father Jack

Aug 21, 2005
a point at Gillingham is a good result, their home record is very impressive. I am still livid about the Carlisle performance!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
On paper and with Gillinghams home record a point seems a good result but if you were there and saw how poor Gillingham were and how we threw away 2 more points you would perhaps think differently. The win was there for us to take but we didnt accept the offer.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I'm pretty sure that point will make us safe now so am happy - Tranmere have a game in hand (away to Col U) and are 8 points behind i think - 4 games left - lots of clubs in between us and the relegation spaces too...

Let's get some positivity back like we had when we won those 3 in a row - the seaon is pretty much over - let's build for next...

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
I'm pretty sure that point will make us safe now so am happy - Tranmere have a game in hand (away to Col U) and are 8 points behind i think - 4 games left - lots of clubs in between us and the relegation spaces too...

Let's get some positivity back like we had when we won those 3 in a row - the seaon is pretty much over - let's build for next...

I can't describe the season as over until we've reached 52 points which will usually garantee safety. I also want to do this asap as it would be ridiculous for us to be reaching the last 2 games still needing points!

Left Footer

Sep 26, 2007
Shoreham
Tranmere`s game in hand is away to Brentford next tuesday.
Can they make up eight points on us probably not. Plus there goal difference is twenty six worse than ours.
The worse thing about last night was we didn`t start playing until Navarro came on.It was a game we should have won

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I can't describe the season as over until we've reached 52 points which will usually garantee safety. I also want to do this asap as it would be ridiculous for us to be reaching the last 2 games still needing points!

Precisely.

After Soton there wasnt a SINGLE game that we should lose. And already we lost to Hartlepool and Carlisle. Not good enough. Nowhere near good enough.

Even two draws would have been acceptable. Or a win and a loss. Just.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I know what u mean we need a win to be def safe but still how short memories we have after how well we've been doing...

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Realistically it would take a catastrophic run of results for us to go down now.

But that said, we had just lost two, if we'd lost a third, a few doubts might have started to creep in, which would then impact on the performance at Southend...say we then lose that one and it might start to look more worrying.

So on balance I'll take the point and be grateful against a team with an excellent home record. At least we didn't throw it away at the end, and we've stopped the mini-run of defeats.

Nearly there :thumbsup:

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Maybe but 2 points from 4 games is a pretty shit return

In my opinion that's over simplistic.

A draw with the form side in the League (Southampton)
A bad result when everyone collectively took the foot off
Hammered a side at home but bad finishing and a calamity keeper error meant no points
Missed pen late on threw two points away.

Could easily have been 7 points in those four games. I'm not worrying.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
In my opinion that's over simplistic.

A draw with the form side in the League (Southampton)
A bad result when everyone collectively took the foot off
Hammered a side at home but bad finishing and a calamity keeper error meant no points
Missed pen late on threw two points away.

Could easily have been 7 points in those four games. I'm not worrying.

Like you, I'm not worrying, however, you're arguments don't really put that much of a positive spin on the '2 points in 4 games' comment.

In one game everyone took the foot off, in the next we had bad finishing and a goal keeper error, in the third we missed a penalty to throw two points away. Not exactly inspiring form. Three out of the four games we lost because we weren't good enough, hardly showing the complexities of the 2pts in 4 games, is it?

Vankleek Hill Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Vankleek Hill, actually....
I can't describe the season as over until we've reached 52 points which will usually guarantee safety. I also want to do this asap as it would be ridiculous for us to be reaching the last 2 games still needing points!

Where's the fun in that? The good thing about the Albion is that the last two games are always nail biters and provide edge of the seat nerves and palpitations. Look at the Stockport game last season. One goal by Nicky Forster shot us from the relegation zone to 16th. Where's the fun in being safe from relegation a few games before the end of the season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here