Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A plea to Gus and Tony Bloom

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
First thing after breakfast today, cancel your Sky Sports interview and cancel you £100,000 buy in game of poker.
Knock on Vicente's front door with a new contract and tie him to the club, before some mid table Premiership club sign him up.
Vicente is the best player in the Championship by a mile, and would grace the Premiership, for gods sake make sure its in a Brighton shirt

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
First thing after breakfast today, cancel your Sky Sports interview and cancel you £100,000 buy in game of poker.
Knock on Vicente's front door with a new contract and tie him to the club, before some mid table Premiership club sign him up.
Vicente is the best player in the Championship by a mile, and would grace the Premiership, for gods sake make sure its in a Brighton shirt

too injury prone, not worth the money....

I jest of course

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
All those people who said it was a mistake to sign him - humble pie time. He is outstanding and as Gus said if he had played more games we would be up there with Staines and Reading.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
If he does stay fit and plays out the remainder of the season it will be tough to keep him unless we get promoted. A lot will come down to the relationship with Gus and others and his own value set. I suspect he didn't have too many knocking his door down last summer and there may be some loyalty to us if that's correct. Otherwise it's difficult to see how we keep him, but then he did come to us and I still feel there's a good possibility of him "breaking down" again which will scupper any chances of a move to a Prem outfit other than a perennial relegation fighter which isn't his stuff

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
I have a hunch that Gus's gestures last week (after Vicente scored one of his goals) was a reflection of "that's what you get when you pay top money to a class player". Some premiership players, not fit to do up Vicente's bootlaces, are so overpaid for little talent that it's a crime.
My only fear is that we won't be able to afford him for another season with only Championship income. I hope that his relationship with Gus and an acknowledgement of the faith that Gus has put in him will persuade him to stay with us and give us more displays of his talent like last night. Either that, or we get promoted and get the Premiership windfall!

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
To be fair to Gus, I think he deserves a massive amount of praise for persuading Vicente to sign for us in the first place, if we could keep him for another season... :bowdown:

Daffy Duck

Stop bloody moaning!
Nov 7, 2009
GOSBTS
I really think he'll stay with us.
He's had a difficult few months that are, hopefully, now behind him, and he seems well settled here with a club that loves him.
Why on earth would he want to go through all that again with another move?

Lush

Mods' Pet
He's had a difficult few months that are, hopefully, now behind him, and he seems well settled here with a club that loves him.

I agree - and I still think the physical injuries affected him mentally, which is not unexpected. Vicente has always said that it's not about the money, however I'm sure he'll be looking for a decent wage. Equally Gus and Tony will want to make sure that we don't lose out financially if he 'falls to bits'. However why would he want the added pressure of playing for a 'top' Premiership team? Let's keep showing the love and he won't want to leave *crosses fingers*

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011

I agree with this, I really do think he will stay.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
I would love to have seen him in his prime he must have been one hellava player.

you can sort of by watching Mata, who covered him when injured.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
I have a hunch that Gus's gestures last week (after Vicente scored one of his goals) was a reflection of "that's what you get when you pay top money to a class player". Some premiership players, not fit to do up Vicente's bootlaces, are so overpaid for little talent that it's a crime.
My only fear is that we won't be able to afford him for another season with only Championship income. I hope that his relationship with Gus and an acknowledgement of the faith that Gus has put in him will persuade him to stay with us and give us more displays of his talent like last night. Either that, or we get promoted and get the Premiership windfall!

That was explained during the week, when Lord Gus done that hand gesture, it meant quaility. Someone said he was aiming it at his own son, as though to say "thats class"

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Im going to stick my neck out and say Vicente will be here next season if we want him. He has been a tremendously loyal player in his career and he has shown how grateful he is for the support he has had getting back to health so I think he would rather stay and play wherever we are than go elsewhere and be on and off the bench.

However the rumour of that 20 game second year extension worries me.... could that be why Vicente's been injured... I truly hope not

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
All I can add to this is that he looked extremely happy to be a Brighton player when he was substituted. His body language towards the fans was top class.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
I would love to have seen him in his prime he must have been one hellava player.

He's not a grandad yet, have you seen him enough to know his vision, dead ball striking & decision making were better 'back then' to offset being a little quicker??
It may just be that last night was in the top 50 performances of his life

FLOG GNAW

Banned
Sep 21, 2009
Under Your Skin.
Vicente has never been about the money, remember he turned down Madrid and stupid money because he loved Valencia.

I think us, the fans need to keep showing him how much we love him, and maybe it'll swing his mind when West Brom or Fulham come in with a bid for him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here