Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A picture paints a thousand words

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
grumpy.jpg

Had the displeasure of meeting this chap recently. Look how enthusiastic he was to meet a fan! Completely blanked me and some kids who wanted to meet their idol. I only wanted a picture as proof I'd met him, otherwise couldn't give a toss. His attitude off the pitch matches his antics on it e.g. he's an arsehole. Hotel staff said the same if you don't want to take my word for it. Jose Morininho was charming however. Seemed happy to talk and have his picture taken whilst killing time.

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
I'd certainly be a bit more excited than that if i had her next to me!

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
at risk of starting another ludicrous transfer rumour, is that a bearded glenn murray in the background?

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I've met a few of the so called "superstar" footballers and I have to say that David Beckham stands out head and shoulders above as an absolute model of professionalism and all round decent bloke even when the pouting prima donna is with him. Most are complete arseholes unfortunately

tezz79

Apr 20, 2011
I've met a few of the so called "superstar" footballers and I have to say that David Beckham stands out head and shoulders above as an absolute model of professionalism and all round decent bloke even when the pouting prima donna is with him. Most are complete arseholes unfortunately
Yeah I met Edgar Davids at the O2 about 6 months ago & I always thought he came across a bit arrogant on tv but he was good as gold

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007

Growing up in primary school, the two footballers I idolised were David Beckham and Clarence Seedorf (the second of which i agree was rather random). I was of course an Albion fan, but when watching football on tele those are the two I looked up too.
I'm glad, as those who have met Becks all say he's one of the nicest blokes one can meet, which says a lot given the attention he endlessly recieves. Clarence on the World Cup coverage also came across as a thoroughly nice guy. All the worlds best nowadays all seem to be complete and utter c*nts.

Wilka

Nov 18, 2003
Burgess Hill
Although I hate him as a footballer I would imagine being asked by strangers all day everyday for pictures ect would end up being a bit annoying.

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
View attachment lads.bmp

Had a 30sec chat with Alonso too, said Liverpool are missing him this season which he smiled and said thanks etc. Ronaldo seemed the only one who was in no mood for the public. Funny that, given his public perception is one of a right moody £&($"((!**£*!!:tosser:

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
Although I hate him as a footballer I would imagine being asked by strangers all day everyday for pictures ect would end up being a bit annoying.

Agree, but shut up and put up if little kids. Christ, ignore me (my wife does!) by all means but kids..? And let me set the scene. They were killing time in a hotel bar / lobby and if 6 or 7 people bothered them during 30mins or so whilst they stood chatting each then I'm probably exaggerating. The police were keeping the masses out from hassling them. Ow, and lastly, all the others seemed happy enough to have a few words etc with likes of me. Casillas even broke off his conversation to let me take a better picture than the one I've uploaded here. Nice enough man.

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
cassias.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here