Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A personal thanks to Dick Knight - A lovely bloke

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
NOT forgetting IF that potless pillock Dick Tight and his POODLE were still running THE club you would BE organising A tour of WITHDEAN as Falmer would STILL be a PIPEDREAM.

And to be fair this is an accurate post in so much as without Tony Bloom we would still be at Withdean without any shadow of doubt, because there is no way that the banks would have funded Falmer which is the only way DK could have done it.

Doesn't take anything away from the fact that DK did save us, but is factually correct. Fortunately Tony Bloom has a very large pot to piss in and is happy to fill it up!!

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
You seem to post this every single time a thread goes in a direction you don't approve of.

I didn't think it was funny either, but it is only a message board.

And you seem to try and get a rise out of Uncle Spielberg 24/7.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Its good that Dick stepped up to the plate although i agree with Giraffe.

We knew REMF date for ages and that Ricky M would be playing so it does beg the question why was it not booked ages ago??

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Its good that Dick stepped up to the plate although i agree with Giraffe.

We knew REMF date for ages and that Ricky M would be playing so it does beg the question why was it not booked ages ago??

Because the request was only put to me at 10.30 pm on Friday evening. Still I had nothing else to do all week so I guess I was to blame for not being a mind reader and leaving it so late. Sorry everyone I must try much harder in future. Consider me put in my place.

Anyway thanks Dick. :clap:

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
And to be fair this is an accurate post in so much as without Tony Bloom we would still be at Withdean without any shadow of doubt, because there is no way that the banks would have funded Falmer which is the only way DK could have done it.

Doesn't take anything away from the fact that DK did save us, but is factually correct. Fortunately Tony Bloom has a very large pot to piss in and is happy to fill it up!!

But to be really fair had it not been for the continuous effort and smaller, but necessary and generously used, financial input from DK we may not have been here for TB to save. TB is a legend and has done a great job BUT DK saved the club whether we were still at Withdean or NOT he saved the club (along with others)

I am not sure if the quote is in "We want Falmer" or if I read it in a review but "Tony Bloom scored the goal but Dick Knight crossed the ball for him" (or something like that) just about sums it up for me.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
I am not sure if the quote is in "We want Falmer" or if I read it in a review but "Tony Bloom scored the goal but Dick Knight crossed the ball for him" (or something like that) just about sums it up for me.

Bit more like, Knight blocked a shot. Bloom picked it up in his own half, danced around 6 players and curled it into the top corner....Without Knight/Perry and a fair few others there would have been no club many years ago. Without Bloom the Amex would still be a field and we would have probably, almost definitely have gone out of business.

D

Deleted member 2719

Bit more like, Knight blocked a shot. Bloom picked it up in his own half, danced around 6 players and curled it into the top corner....Without Knight/Perry and a fair few others there would have been no club many years ago. Without Bloom the Amex would still be a field and we would have probably, almost definitely have gone out of business.

I get it, Bloom is Vicente and Knight/Perry are Cullip and Oatway.

:clap:

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Where would we be without Tony Bloom?
In very serious trouble.

Where would we be wthout Dick Knight?
We wouldn't have a club to be in very serious trouble.

This should be made into a badge and sold in the club shop........i'd but one!

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
In very serious trouble.

That sums it up perfectly Al.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
In very serious trouble.

Fair point although we all know the chances of clubs going bust are super super slim and like many clubs someone will step forward.Dick took over and done want was expected a move back to brighton,but financially he was well out of his depth and the debts were getting out of control at withdean as we depended on the banks to finance falmer.In the latter years many fans presumed dick was keeping us afloat and saving us,but we all knew dick had very little money and it came as no surprise that mr bloom was keeping us afloat and know surprise that dick stepped down.

Bloom in my opinion is the one that should be worshipped:D

Dick done his bit but during those days the real fighters were us fans:)

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Fair point although we all know the chances of clubs going bust are super super slim and like many clubs someone will step forward.Dick took over and done want was expected a move back to brighton,but financially he was well out of his depth and the debts were getting out of control at withdean as we depended on the banks to finance falmer.In the latter years many fans presumed dick was keeping us afloat and saving us,but we all knew dick had very little money and it came as no surprise that mr bloom was keeping us afloat and know surprise that dick stepped down.

Bloom in my opinion is the one that should be worshipped:D

Dick done his bit but during those days the real fighters were us fans:)

Dick pumped in a few million I would guess. Hardly small fry. No one else was around in 1997 don't forget that. They were not exactly rushing to support BHAFC at that time. Dick stepped up to the plate and campaigned tirelessly for over a decade. We owe more to DK than anyone else in the history of BHAFC imo.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Dick pumped in a few million I would guess. Hardly small fry. No one else was around in 1997 don't forget that. They were not exactly rushing to support BHAFC at that time. Dick stepped up to the plate and campaigned tirelessly for over a decade. We owe more to DK than anyone else in the history of BHAFC imo.
A few people were interested at the time and im sure others would have come forward at the last minute as that's what happens at football clubs,we do not owe more to dick knight than anyone and that's my opinion,many people campaigned not just dick,the fans raised money and protested tirelessly.Yes he pumped in around 1.5 million in 10 years and im pretty sure he got that back as has been mentioned numerous times on here.Dick did an o.k job to be fair,but in my eyes he got very lucky thanks to mr blooms money.

I still wish the tight old git a great life though:)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here