Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A personal thanks to Dick Knight - A lovely bloke

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I want to extend a personal and public thanks to Dick Knight.

Ricky Marlowe was desperate to see the Amex and as of last night my efforts had failed so as a last chance and a cheeky chance I e mailed Dick to see what he could do last night.

Within 20 minutes of getting my e mail he had make a few calls and got Ricky on the tour today.

The fact he got back to me and did so in short time in his spare time on a Saturday evening shows the guy for the legend he is.

Ricky LOVED it and had some great photos to remember sitting on Gus's seat, sitting on the physio table in the changing room, something he did a lot of during his career, sitting in Gus's chair in the press conference room and belowing SEAGULLS at the top of the West stand that could be heard back in Edinburgh.

It is only right that such an effort is recognised as Dick made Ricky's dreams come true.

Thanks Dick.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I have been fortunate to meet Dick in various Boardrooms up and down the country over the last ten or so years and he is, just like his successor, a genuine fan with a total committment to the club and a smashing bloke to boot. We have been very fortunate in those who have taken the helm since the disasters of the Archer/Bellotti/Stanley era.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I thought it was a 100-1 shot last night but Dick sorted it in 20 minutes on his Satuday evening. Top bloke.

slinky

The Only Way Is Brighton
Jan 19, 2011
BN2
i had an issue with the club earlier in the season and Dick Knight walked past me, whilst i was having a RANT at the club.

He sorted things out for me very quickly.

Top bloke, and he is a true Albion Legend!!!

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
If it were not for Dick we would never have been sitting in the Amex this season. I am sure we will all never forget that. He is just a lovely bloke, like a kindly Uncle. I LOVE DICK !, well someone had to say it.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Most people getting my e mail on A Saturday night would have thought, ah well, Dick contacted me in 5 minutes as he was desperate to help. LEGEND.

The judge

Sep 28, 2011
Portslade
I want to extend a personal and public thanks to Dick Knight.

Ricky Marlowe was desperate to see the Amex and as of last night my efforts had failed so as a last chance and a cheeky chance I e mailed Dick to see what he could do last night.

Within 20 minutes of getting my e mail he had make a few calls and got Ricky on the tour today.

The fact he got back to me and did so in short time in his spare time on a Saturday evening shows the guy for the legend he is.

Ricky LOVED it and had some great photos to remember sitting on Gus's seat, sitting on the physio table in the changing room, something he did a lot of during his career, sitting in Gus's chair in the press conference room and belowing SEAGULLS at the top of the West stand that could be heard back in Edinburgh.

It is only right that such an effort is recognised as Dick made Ricky's dreams come true.

Thanks Dick.

Dick Knight Legend

garethjamesuk

Jan 6, 2004
Eastbourne
Its great to see the recognition he is getting as some people ive heard before call him dick tight, but he cant help his finances and one thing he did he saved our club and got us success in a very hard period for us.
To me he is properly the best person ever involved with Brighton and we very lucky to have had him as our chairman, now to have Tony Bloom we very very lucky.
True Legend Dick Knight

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
When I wanted a tour I phoned the clubline and got one booked.

Didn't need DK.

And I missing the point? :)

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
When I wanted a tour I phoned the clubline and got one booked.

Didn't need DK.

And I missing the point? :)

At 8 pm on a Saturday evening for a tour the next day ? Dick was at home with his feet up probably watching the BGT final and sorted it. I just felt it would be good to post something positive about members of the BHAFC team as has been done on here on quite a few occassions before.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
NOT forgetting IF that potless pillock Dick Tight and his POODLE were still running THE club you would BE organising A tour of WITHDEAN as Falmer would STILL be a PIPEDREAM.

If Ernest was serious this would be sickening. If he thinks it's funny it is just as sickening. I'm not going to look at this thread again so this embarrassing excuse of a one-joke supporter can be as rude as he likes.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
If Ernest was serious this would be sickening. If he thinks it's funny it is just as sickening. I'm not going to look at this thread again so this embarrassing excuse of a one-joke supporter can be as rude as he likes.

Yeah it's a shame the thread has been spoilt you would have thought he could have resisted posting that on here. Shame but there you are.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Yeah it's a shame the thread has been spoilt you would have thought he could have resisted posting that on here. Shame but there you are.
You seem to post this every single time a thread goes in a direction you don't approve of.

I didn't think it was funny either, but it is only a message board.

Last edited:

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
You seem to post this every single time a thread goes in a direction you don't approve off.

I didn't think it was funny either, but it is only a message board.

I am not going to bite. If you mean someone slagging off someone who went out of their way to help and I merely did a thread to acknowledge that , yes I think I am entitled to post that I find that disapointing. Someone else posted they thought the same anyway before me. We are not talking about a difference of opinion on a film or a player we are talking about a courteous thread.

Anyway I have done what I wanted to do and will leave the thread now.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Dick Knight saved this club. No-one should forget that.

I would never have expected to see that post in this thread :)

At 8 pm on a Saturday evening for a tour the next day ? Dick was at home with his feet up probably watching the BGT final and sorted it. I just felt it would be good to post something positive about members of the BHAFC team as has been done on here on quite a few occassions before.

Piss poor planning US :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here