Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A notification every time someone quotes one of your posts?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
It is seriously annoying please remove

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I get this everytime somebody posts on 1 thread Word association but not on others.

No you won't, not unless they quote you.

Do you mean an email when a thread you've subscribed to is posted too, as that's not what we are talking about here.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
In what way? Ignore it if you want to - it's not getting in your way. It's not intrusive.

It is plain stupid what is the purpose and who really needs to know when quoted

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
I don't see what all the fuss is about. I hadn't even noticed it until it was pointed out. It is incredibly easy to ignore. Not like pop up notifications or email alerts.

If you don't like it, ignore it

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
For people like me who don't post obscene amounts of times it's good, but I can imagine it being a pain if that's not the case. A vote of 'keep' for me

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
A friend was saying in the pub tonight that they clicked on the Facebook link in an NSC thread and it linked through to Facebook while telling anybody who cared to look in the NSC thread that person's real name on Facebook. Aforesaid friend reckons it must be done via IP address because they hadn't made their email address available to NSC. They had to delete the link on Facebook which in turn removed it automatically from NSC. Bit of a serious flaw so far as somebody who wants to keep their name hidden in NSC methinks? ???

OH AND FOR CHRIST SAKE DO SOMETHING ABOUT THAT RIDICULOUS SMILEY FOR 3 QUESTION MARKS. DISPLAYING IT AS A GUITAR HERO IS JUST PLAIN HEAD-MENTAL... :D

Last edited:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
A friend was saying in the pub tonight that they clicked on the Facebook link in an NSC thread and it linked through to Facebook while telling anybody who cared to look in the NSC thread that person's real name on Facebook. Aforesaid friend reckons it must be done via IP address because they hadn't made their email address available to NSC. They had to delete the link on Facebook which in turn removed it automatically from NSC. Bit of a serious flaw so far as somebody who wants to keep their name hidden in NSC methinks? ???

It would be if any of what you said was true. It is all completely wrong.

I can't be arsed to go on about the technical side but it has nothing to do with IP addresses but I'll address the privacy comment again, even though I've already done on it ON THE THREAD THAT WAS DISCUSSING FACEBOOK. If you like something on NSC, your real name will only show on NSC to people you are friends with on Facebook. To complete strangers it merely says something like '1 person likes this'. The person is never revealed to non-friends.

OH AND FOR CHRIST SAKE DO SOMETHING ABOUT THAT RIDICULOUS SMILEY FOR 3 QUESTION MARKS. DISPLAYING IT AS A GUITAR HERO IS JUST PLAIN HEAD-MENTAL... :D

Again - post on the thread devoted to smilies. If you can't be bothered, I can't be bothered.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
It would be if any of what you said was true. It is all completely wrong.

I can't be arsed to go on about the technical side but it has nothing to do with IP addresses but I'll address the privacy comment again, even though I've already done on it ON THE THREAD THAT WAS DISCUSSING FACEBOOK. If you like something on NSC, your real name will only show on NSC to people you are friends with on Facebook. To complete strangers it merely says something like '1 person likes this'. The person is never revealed to non-friends.

Again - post on the thread devoted to smilies. If you can't be bothered, I can't be bothered.

???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here